UnevenEdge

Why not just call it IB again if Babbling is still babbling?

Lasty

Yeah, that and I am the greatest _________ ever sort of stuff, just look at the majority of zeni threads.  He seemed to be the only one on Babbling, but IB seemed to have dozens of people doing that.

Honestly I don't remember a lot of stuff like that. Not saying it didn't happen, it's just that being on IB every day for so long I guess kind of makes it too much to remember. Babbling on the other hand, I was only on from like 2004-2007 or so and then 2011 - 2015 so I have clearer memories of what the Babbling of old was like. Very different than what I came back to in 2011. Remember all the "What are your favorite bands/shows/movies/games/etc" threads Babbling used to get? Come 2011 it seemed like the whole folder was nothing but politics and ITN threads. I was like wtf happened?  >:D

I think everyone got tired of seeing the repetitive "What are your favorite ________?" threads every time someone new came to the Pod.  It may have led to some babblers jumping on and chasing away new blood.  It wasn't the new person's fault, but after seeing it again and again can get tiresome.  With hardly any new blood, everyone turned on each other.

I think everyone got tired of seeing the repetitive "What are your favorite ________?" threads every time someone new came to the Pod.  It may have led to some babblers jumping on and chasing away new blood.  It wasn't the new person's fault, but after seeing it again and again can get tiresome.  With hardly any new blood, everyone turned on each other.

whats your favorite kind of dustmite

Suuuuurrrrreeeee it did.  It wasn't just that though, a lot of the threads seemed to be about self promotion.  Pod6 had some of that, but not nearly as much.

IB was full of teens back then. You know, the age where people think they're special to make up for their lack of self esteem.

originally there was no Babbling on this board.

FFA was simply an additional folder in the "Welcome" section.  There was no "General" section.

Then a couple users requested a "Babbling" and also a "Rants" section, which sort of flowed with what I wanted to do with General section (if we ever did one) which was - discussion degrees.  Light chat, topical discussion, angry discussion, dumpster fires.  So I went ahead and added those two (Babbling and Rants).  Then once Ben started acting all crazy, I switched on the Dumpster Fires folder, which had been there, just off because we didn't need it til then.

So that is the story of that.

Because this isn't the ASMB's, we only have a babz because peoples wanted one and we wanted the politics out of ffa.

oh yeah that was another element of it too.  The political threads just seemed kinda dumb and out of place in FFA.

originally there was no Babbling on this board.

FFA was simply an additional folder in the "Welcome" section.  There was no "General" section.

Then a couple users requested a "Babbling" and also a "Rants" section, which sort of flowed with what I wanted to do with General section (if we ever did one) which was - discussion degrees.  Light chat, topical discussion, angry discussion, dumpster fires.  So I went ahead and added those two (Babbling and Rants).  Then once Ben started acting all crazy, I switched on the Dumpster Fires folder, which had been there, just off because we didn't need it til then.

So that is the story of that.

So, you started with everything different, and after you named this folder you made everything else the same.