UnevenEdge

-

Guest poof

One kinda odd thing is that Victor has had bigger success with his movies after his arrest and sentencing then he had before

That's probably because when he had easy access to his victim on set in his earlier movies, he didn't have any repressed fucked up energy to put in his work. Also Hollywood is the fucking worst.

it must be exhausting to do background checks on all the artists whose art you consume.

I don't. News stories about Salva make their rounds during the time his movies were in theaters(not helped by the fact that he'll try to hire on underage actors without disclosing his past), which is how I found out right after seeing Jeepers Creepers 2. I needed a mind scrubber afterwards because even before seeing the articles, I felt uncomfortable after watching the movie, and it wasn't because of anything related to being scary.

The Pianist is one of my favorite movies in spite of Roman Polanski.

Roman Polanski has made many great films and a percentage of his films are still considered absolute classics in the movie industry (Hell he even had an acting role in Rush Hour 3 for some reason)

despite any and all awful things that he did in his personal life

Roman Polanski has made many great films and a percentage of his films are still considered absolute classics in the movie industry (Hell he even had an acting role in Rush Hour 3 for some reason)

despite any and all awful things that he did in his personal life

Polanski and Woody Allen have so much male white privilege that it kind of infuriates me. While Polanski does have actual talent(yes, I've seen some of his movies before I got bored with the blizzard flicks((movies with barely any speaking lines for minorities)) in my early twenties), what protects him is that he doesn't have an obvious predatory self-insert character. In Allen's case it's the opposite, his predatory self-insert characters appeal to nearly every mediocre white dude out there.