UnevenEdge

Well, there's floodin' down in Texas

Codename: Jackass

All of the telephone lines are down.

Stevie Ray Vaughan is awesome!

Also, we're safe here in the northeastern part of Houston. We lost power for a few hours, but we got it back before I could come home with a couple bags of ice I bought at Walmart.

Update: I'm flooded in. In other words, my wife and I are stuck. We have power and internet, but no tv service. i'll most likely be home from work again tomorrow.

Still, it could be worse.

jesus, at least you're still alive

All of the telephone lines are down.

empty[/member] Still Me[/member] lupin_bebop[/member] RPM Jr.[/member] and I think Nabloom[/member] too

you guys stay safe

signed the dude that kind of hopes that Sun blasted shit hole of a State floats away

/m\  <That's a Horns down sign because the Longhorns suck

empty[/member] Still Me[/member] lupin_bebop[/member] RPM Jr.[/member] and I think Nabloom[/member] too

you guys stay safe

signed the dude that kind of hopes that Sun blasted shit hole of a State floats away

NaBraniel lives in Tennessee.

I live twenty-five minutes from the Oklahoma border and the hurricane is no issue.

Thanks though.

NaBraniel lives in Tennessee.

I live twenty-five minutes from the Oklahoma border and the hurricane is no issue.

Thanks though.

Fuck dude!  do you live in a dry county? 

I did a contract job in Hugo for a month.  I wanted to go get real beer but all the guys I worked with said there were dry Counties right across the border, I don't know how true that is because the only place I seen dry Counties is in Arkansas

Fuck dude!  do you live in a dry county? 

I did a contract job in Hugo for a month.  I wanted to go get real beer but all the guys I worked with said there were dry Counties right across the border, I don't know how true that is because the only place I seen dry Counties is in Arkansas

They didn't know what they were talking about.

I am quite familiar with the Hugo area. My county is "semi-dry" but Texas alcohol laws are weird.

Up until about ten years ago we didn't have beer or wine in town but that was a city ordinance. We have two liquor stores outside of town and we did all our beer buying there as well until my town got with the times.

Essentially it breaks down like this.

off-premise sales (buy a case of beer and take home) goes 7am-midnight Mon-Fri, 7am-1am Sat and noon to midnight on Sunday.

"Package stores", which primarily sell liquor, are open 10am-9pm Mon-Sat and closed Sunday. That might be what those co-workers meant.

On-premise sale, i.e. bars and restaurants, are different and I can't remember but it's like 10am-1am Mon-Fri and something elsein weekends. It's confusing if you aren't from here.

I went to a wedding in Texarkana and we had to buy beer on the Texas side and then were informed that with the amount of beer we purchased that on the other side of the border we could get a "bootlegging" ticket

It was a total Smokie and the Bandits scenario for a whopping 2 mins

I'm not sure if you heard but OK recently (and surprisingly) passed a bill to have real beer here everywhere in about a year at this point I think. 

I went to a wedding in Texarkana and we had to buy beer on the Texas side and then were informed that with the amount of beer we purchased that on the other side of the border we could get a "bootlegging" ticket

It was a total Smokie and the Bandits scenario for a whopping 2 mins

I'm not sure if you heard but OK recently (and surprisingly) passed a bill to have real beer here everywhere in about a year at this point I think. 

I heard. Thank God. It's about damn time.

you guys stay safe

LB and I are in Dallas...it's been cloudy for days and it rained for 20 minutes yesterday but we haven't seen anything really

you guys stay safe

Kinda giving you an idea here, man.....Texas is fucking HUGE.....there's about 250 miles between us and Houston. A visual for ya:

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-04%20at%202.49.09%20PM_zpstohrlivg.png