UnevenEdge

Vaping question

mthor

OK, so I just finished charging my ecig , put in the cartridge, took a drag, and it made a loud "Pop" sound.  Does that mean it's going to blow up in my face? (It;s not so much the blowing up I mind, it's seeing Packard/faux Kenny vindicated.)

Please don't laugh too hard. I've only been doing this for about a week.

How loud? What kind/brand?

It was like a single popcorn kernel popping.

It's a logic - got it at the drug store, sort of on a whim. One of my friends was working at the counter, and she found me a couple of coupons. Such a deal - I had been going to buuy cigarettes, and the ecig and a pack of cartridges wound up costing less and lasting about 3 times longer.

If it was in there with the cartridge, you probably have nothing to worry about. Sometimes the liquid in the wick pops.

Battery explosion warning signs are if it gets extremely hot, doesn't produce consistent voltage, or if it starts to deform.

Thanks for the info - it's reassuring to know what to watch for.

i have vaped a lot to quit smoking

the pop is common its just the coils heating up with cold fluid touching it

That makes sense, since I had just finished charging it and it was a fresh cartridge.

How has it worked for you? I've talked to a lot of people who've been successful with  it, but I still ask, just because the more I hear, the more encouraged I am that this may actually work.

We get it, you vape.

No, I smoke. Like a fucking chimney. For longer than you've been alive, and it's starting to cause problems. I may richly deserve them, but if switching over to vaping slows them down, I'll be pleased. It maybe trivial and boring to you, but I

have a bit of a vested interest in it.

Sorry; I'll trying to be more entertaining next time.

No, I smoke. Like a fucking chimney. For longer than you've been alive, and it's starting to cause problems. I may richly deserve them, but if switching over to vaping slows them down, I'll be pleased. It maybe trivial and boring to you, but I

It's honestly only marginally better and the advantages are purely "cosmetic"  I'm still hooked to the nicotine, and it really does make you look like a douche, just a different kind of douche than the people huddled for warmth sucking down a flaming stick in the dead of winter.....But you don't stink anymore....That's the only advantage......Plus I don't think it's been around long enough to prove that it actually causes ultramega cancer.

It's honestly only marginally better and the advantages are purely "cosmetic"  I'm still hooked to the nicotine, and it really does make you look like a douche, just a different kind of douche than the people huddled for warmth sucking down a flaming stick in the dead of winter.....But you don't stink anymore....That's the only advantage......Plus I don't think it's been around long enough to prove that it actually causes ultramega cancer.

You don't stink because you can't smell cig smoke... have you learned nothing from packy?

There's one big difference - no combustion.  Had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and there's already an improvement in my blood work with only vaping about 2/3 of the time..

As far as cancer - it was too late years ago.  My dad quit smoking when he was 40, and 35 years later developed bladder cancer. (This is why I eat a stick of butter wrapped in bacon every morning for breakfast - I want a nice catastrophic vascular event. And the nicotine can only help.)

And I've always looked like a douche - if I stopped at this point, nobody'd recognize me. :D

I'm just busting your balls  >:D :robotP

I'm just busting your balls  >:D :robotP

How dare you?! Don't you know that I have no sense of humor?  >:(

Actually, sorry to over react I'm kind of cranky because I had to go out about 5 this morning for a pack of butts

Guest The Hound

It was like a single popcorn kernel popping.

It's a logic - got it at the drug store, sort of on a whim. One of my friends was working at the counter, and she found me a couple of coupons. Such a deal - I had been going to buuy cigarettes, and the ecig and a pack of cartridges wound up costing less and lasting about 3 times longer.

ya.

it's always gonna do that.

That makes sense, since I had just finished charging it and it was a fresh cartridge.

How has it worked for you? I've talked to a lot of people who've been successful with  it, but I still ask, just because the more I hear, the more encouraged I am that this may actually work.

it worked pretty well

doesnt always kill the craving at a bar or something

but just pay attention to nicotine level