UnevenEdge

August 19th schedule

Outlaw Star remaster?

Outlaw Star remaster.

as a general rule if you want something on Toonami

Toonami will license the opposite of what you want

so since everyone is saying Outlaw Star

you know it's not gonna be Outlaw star

I don't get why they needed to blank out the WHOLE schedule if that's what it is! 2:30 AM would be a great timeslot for that. JoJo isn't getting bumped down for that, and neither is Tokyo Ghoul. It would be a really shitty thing to do to Hunter x Hunter and Lupin, but I guess that COULD be the plan...

Technically GITS is not a true "rerun", but a "repaint". It makes sense that it moved up to 2:30 while Attack on Titan is at 3.

And it would also make sense for it to be replaced by another "repaint", which is what Outlaw Star would be!

Just like that last Cowboy Bebop run (Which Toonami only ran for 5 episodes, before the great 2015 purge claimed it) was a "repaint"

Though most people were done with Bebop being on the block at that point no matter how it looked in HD

Outlaw Star remaster?

Outlaw Star remaster.

Aside from Pilot Candidate that's one of the only shows in Toonami and ASA history I actually missed.  Never did get around to watching it since it aired, so if it's that this is, it would work out for me perfectly!

Outlaw Star was one of their big ratings successes on the original April Fools stunt that re-launched Toonami as an adult swim block.  And it was one of the shows they sought out for that block. 

The situation as I understand it, that one-time block was largely run on donated episodes (in exchange for advertising the DVDs).  Licensing an entire run of a show is different.

My understanding is that Outlaw Star is one of those properties that was bizarrely expensive for its age.  Or at least was in the early stages of the AS block.  But also I'm sure, like a handful of other shows, if it became available and wasn't a budget-buster, they'd snap it up in a second.

It fits all the Toonami criteria.  It's a fan-favorite.  The programmers like it.  It's a frequently requested show.  They actually didn't get to air all the episodes as they existed, and since standards have change a great deal, there's probably a little unfinished business there, and also a promotional thing "for the first time the entire series" type thing. 

So, - first of all, no I don't think it's probably Outlaw Star.

But also I think Outlaw Star is a show they would jump at the chance to run.

so who knows.

Well I heard it was good enough for the fans to be satisfied.

I like SAO well enough. If you're talking about SAO super fans they'll like anything the same way some DBZ fans think Super is a well animated smartly written show.

The movie just does nothing with the whole Ordinal scale concept. If you were comparing this to the SAO story arcs, I'd say Ordinal scale would be the worst one.

If you want to actually know why it's not great, here's a spoiler laden review that rails on it for 30 minutes.

That would be nice, but sadly, someone else got their hands on it first.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-02/netflix-to-stream-lesean-thomas-cannon-busters-animated-series/.119640

On another note, here are my top 5 predictions for what replaces GITS at 2:30, in no particular order.

[*]GITS:SAC 2nd Gig reruns

[*]Bebop HD

[*]One Piece: Sabaody Archipelago

[*]Outlaw Star (mostly) uncut re-master

[*]some obscure bargain bin show Demarco picked up for the lulz

[insert 3/5 compromise joke here]