UnevenEdge

Scary noise

garbagepailcat

I just heard the scariest noise of my fucking life.

I'm sitting alone in my room, and it's pretty much silent expect for the ticking of my slightly off-balance ceiling fan.

I live in the middle of the woods, and it's usually calm and still.

Out of fucking nowhere, this loud, almost electrical whirring, airplane roar starts blaring from what sounds like directly outside my bedroom window.

It only lasted for 8 seconds, ten seconds at most, but it was so fucking unsettling.

And I'm not just a total crazy person. My cats heard it too and were startled awake. (Cause this is a good defense of my sanity)

Like I'm still freaking out.

It couldn't have been a plane. I definitely wasn't a car. Wtf did I just hear?!

I don't want to jump to the alien conclusions so quickly but...

the human brain really just makes things up if its unsure of whats going on.

weather its because you cant see well or hear well, your brain will always try to get an approximation.

the explanation for that noise was most likely something not very exciting.

but just because my imagination likes to run wild, im gonna say aliens.

you really should do you curiosity a favor and check it out.

the human brain really just makes things up if its unsure of whats going on.

weather its because you cant see well or hear well, your brain will always try to get an approximation.

the explanation for that noise was most likely something not very exciting.

but just because my imagination likes to run wild, im gonna say aliens.

you really should do you curiosity a favor and check it out.

you always say the right things. I'd like to carry a tiny little distorted with me everywhere I go so you can explain things to my addled mind.

Most likely it was a transformer explosion. The first time I saw and heard one I thought I was having a stroke and had to ask everyone else if they just saw/heard the same thing. There is a crazy loud electric sounding sonic boom that you can feel, and the whole sky turns green for a moment.

I don't think that's what it was. I've seen/heard that during a snowstorm before, and it was wild. What I heard sounded far more menacing tho.