UnevenEdge

Intruder 3

Admin

THE BASE WAS A SHIP ALL ALONG!  NOT AS COOL AS TURNING INTO A GIANT ROBOT BUT HOLY CRAP EPIC TWIST, BATMAN, THAT WAS AWESOME!

I am liking this new Pixie form.  Very apropo for when SAO inevitably returns to the block.  :D

So the sand worms were just trying warn them?  Coulda' sworn they were looking hungry.

Wait, they just brought the baby?  But that ship is huge, and there were a whole mess of sandworms in the ship!  Don't tell me SARA dumped them?!

Now we are back in a ship, with an awesome name picked by a fan, The Vindication, and with a new look.  Love that new moon, planet, thing... love the new logo.  Oh yeah, Intruder III was awesome.

That new bump is beautiful.

After seeing a desert background for so long, it feels weird seeing them back in outer space with yet another spaceship.

Now I just wonder if they're going to have an Intruder 4 at some point in the future.

i think they need to just forget about doing another Intruder event...just leave it be

but something tells me they might do another one next year because they got nothing else happening around november usually

I'd say they need to do something completely different.  Not all Total Immersion Events were or have to be about The Intruder or anything related to it.  There was Trapped in Hyperspace and I forget what all else.  They can come up with something, I'm sure.

Also, the comic about how TOM 2 Became TOM 3 was actually pretty good.  Check it out if you guys haven't.  I remember reading it back on the Toonami website years ago...

i think they need to just forget about doing another Intruder event...just leave it be

but something tells me they might do another one next year because they got nothing else happening around november usually

Again, not all TIEs are Intruder-related.  I figure this should probably be the final Intruder one, but they can still do others.  I imagine it will probably be annual, now, given how well these stunts have done for them.  Get good ratings for the block and good reception.

My final thoughts on Intruder III:

-It shouldn't have been named Intruder III to begin with.  It really didn't seem like something to attach the Intruder name to, especially given that the original Intruder was a huge event that introduced a new TOM model, while Intruder II was a huge event that led to a massive change in setting for the block.  This event was a far smaller scale and seems far more low key than either or the previous Intruders.  In all honesty I agree that they should retire the Intruder TIE series after this one.  If they plan to make TIEs annual, then they should focus on newer ones.

-The overall story for Intruder III was good, though, like I said above, set on a bit lower scale than the other Intruders.  I didn't really find problems with it.

-I like that SARA has a full body form again.  I never really liked her as just a computer.  That being said, SARA now being fairy sized will take some getting used to.  I know people see her like Navi, but I can't help but see her as Yui from SAO.  I keep imagining that she's going to start calling TOM "Daddy", which puts images into my head that thankfully do not seem to exist on the internet at this time, but I'm sure will be coming in the near future.  It will take some time to get used to her size, but I'm really glad that SARA has a figure again. 

-The Vindication spaceship is fucking awesome.  It honestly never felt just like Toonami to me with them using the Shogo planet as a base: Toonami was always  Toonami to me when they were in space.  While admittedly, it seems like a bit of a waste to use the planet for less than a year then immediately go back into space, it feels better with Toonami in space.  The ship itself looks incredible.  With the size of it, I hope we see some more of the ship for video games and special events.

-The worm seems cool for now.  Hopefully they can do something with it.

-The new look for the block is probably the best look yet.  The last couple of looks (the "Retro" look and the "Planet" look) didn't really feel like Toonami to me, but this one definitely does.  It's quite different from what we've got before, and I'm excited to see them use it more. 

• 2 weeks later...