UnevenEdge

so, moving sucks

discolé monade

I hate moving, I usually just buy new shit.  I have a gang of furniture at my crib in MS that will sit there foreer because I'm not going to get it........Though I reall want to go get my clothes.  My mom is here now and I asked her to bring some of it but "she forgot"  whut

moving within the same state or city is bs, but moving to a completely different place is the tits....well worth the little annoyances, I think

the house is right next door. it's pop-pop's house. but he's leaving it to us, and wants us to go ahead and move in. as where we are at is WAY too small.

so...i'll take the little annoyances...but still rumble grumble about it.  :D

and moving into a bigger place is fucking expensive (not including buying the property). if you're going from a small house / apt into a significantly larger place, you also have to buy a bunch of new furniture, rugs, window treatments, bedroom sets, kitchen stuff, appliances, decorations, etc etc etc. it's been almost a year and we still have 3 or 4 un- or under-decorated rooms.

and moving into a bigger place is fucking expensive (not including buying the property). if you're going from a small house / apt into a significantly larger place, you also have to buy a bunch of new furniture, rugs, window treatments, bedroom sets, kitchen stuff, appliances, decorations, etc etc etc. it's been almost a year and we still have 3 or 4 un- or under-decorated rooms.

oh yeah. we have to paint, and need furniture.  luckily i've been accumulating for just this reason. it's in the storage shed. i do want a new fancy fridge though. i saw one for 1400 i've got my eye on.

and new washer/dryer. and a king size headboard/fancy furniture.

the house we moved into came with appliances, which was good because i didn't want to move the appliances out of our old house. but we also need a new washer/dryer, stove, and fridge eventually because the ones we got with the house are all old junk. we had enough furniture for the living areas, but needed two new bed sets, rugs, lots of damned expensive curtains, stuff to put on the walls, outdoor furniture sets, like 12 gallons of paint, and stuff to stock a second bathroom.

we went from a 700sqft house into a 2300sqft house. i had a lot of furniture and housewares in storage too, but it still wasn't enough to fill all the rooms. we do have enough toys from all three boys though, to fill an entire spare room plus each of their bedrooms. we could probably stand to get rid of half of that mess.

and there's still stuff in the garage at the old house. i didn't move everything out of the garage over there because we are renting it out while trying to sell it. i need to figure out where to stuff an old upright piano and some living room furniture, an old pie cabinet, and some decorative crates. ugh.

the house is right next door. it's pop-pop's house. but he's leaving it to us, and wants us to go ahead and move in. as where we are at is WAY too small.

so...i'll take the little annoyances...but still rumble grumble about it.  :D

kewl kewl

so party at your place  ???

the house we moved into came with appliances, which was good because i didn't want to move the appliances out of our old house. but we also need a new washer/dryer, stove, and fridge eventually because the ones we got with the house are all old junk. we had enough furniture for the living areas, but needed two new bed sets, rugs, lots of damned expensive curtains, stuff to put on the walls, outdoor furniture sets, like 12 gallons of paint, and stuff to stock a second bathroom.

we went from a 700sqft house into a 2300sqft house. i had a lot of furniture and housewares in storage too, but it still wasn't enough to fill all the rooms. we do have enough toys from all three boys though, to fill an entire spare room plus each of their bedrooms. we could probably stand to get rid of half of that mess.

and there's still stuff in the garage at the old house. i didn't move everything out of the garage over there because we are renting it out while trying to sell it. i need to figure out where to stuff an old upright piano and some living room furniture, an old pie cabinet, and some decorative crates. ugh.

" 700sqft house into a 2300sqft house"

that's about the sum of things. the teen is beside herself with glee. she gets a queen size bed. new furniture that was given to her. it was bought for the great grandma, and only used for a couple months. and the boy won't have a clue. his room, with ALL his toys. whaaaaat?

upright piano you say? hmmm there used to be one, but when the grandmother passed, pop~pop got rid of it.  :|

the actual, boxing of items, transferring items, unboxing items, staging items.

cleaning old place, cleaning new place. painting. *sigh* and *yay*  S:

If I ever move again, it's going to be into a place I own so I'll never have to move again.  I'm just doing what I gotta do to get there.

If I ever move again, it's going to be into a place I own so I'll never have to move again.  I'm just doing what I gotta do to get there.

oh..i thought you did move. i thought you were talking about that piece of land, that was sort of 'land locked' ?

but yeah...i get you. that's what this is. i won't have to move....again.

oh..i thought you did move. i thought you were talking about that piece of land, that was sort of 'land locked' ?

but yeah...i get you. that's what this is. i won't have to move....again.

There are several patches of land for which I can pay cash.  Now, with all the foreclosures going on, land with a house doesn't seem too far off.

moving within the same state or city is bs, but moving to a completely different place is the tits....well worth the little annoyances, I think

^This

I've been thinking about a change of scenery for awhile now, I'm tired of the insane heat in the summers and pretty much just tired of here