UnevenEdge

Muñeca - Go read it!!

fuggnificent

If this has been edited already, it could use some more tweaking for sure. Quite a few typos and some sentences really don't flow well, and the jumping from 1st and 3rd person so much(several times within the same act, with act 2).

And if this is truly it, story feels a bit incomplete. I know the main point of the story is the doll possession but it ends abruptly and the whole revenge plot went nowhere, as did the possibility of the doll being supernatural beforehand.

After seeing the other thread I'm not sure how much this guy is paying you or how specific with his ideas he was. It could be a decent if not wholly original story with a little tweaking though. The mood felt right for the 'horror scene' even it was kinda typical with the lightning strikes, lights going out, blood sacrifice sort of stuff.

If this has been edited already, it could use some more tweaking for sure. Quite a few typos and some sentences really don't flow well, and the jumping from 1st and 3rd person so much(several times within the same act, with act 2).

And if this is truly it, story feels a bit incomplete. I know the main point of the story is the doll possession but it ends abruptly and the whole revenge plot went nowhere, as did the possibility of the doll being supernatural beforehand.

After seeing the other thread I'm not sure how much this guy is paying you or how specific with his ideas he was. It could be a decent if not wholly original story with a little tweaking though. The mood felt right for the 'horror scene' even it was kinda typical with the lightning strikes, lights going out, blood sacrifice sort of stuff.

You didn't say it was awesome....IGNORED.

creativewritingrubric.png

Theme or message- 2.5 points. You stick to one idea fairly well- the doll being possessed. It gets muddled as to whether the doll was possessed in the beginning or not, but on the whole it doesn't really matter: very simple story structure- Abused kid dies, mom wants revenge, goes to voodoo lady who puts kid into doll, end. Revenge theme does not get explored at all

Plot, setting, etc- 2 points. Plot goes nowhere, very few details, those that are there seem unnecessary. No real suspense or action, dialogue is mediocre at best.

Organization- 2 points.  No real closure to the story, Ric said it best: "I know the main point of the story is the doll possession but it ends abruptly and the whole revenge plot went nowhere, as did the possibility of the doll being supernatural beforehand."

Language and style- 2 points. Vocabulary needs work, sentence structure is often confusing, random switches between past and present tenses, first and third person, tone needs a lot of work.

Conventions- 1 point, but you specifically said to disregard this aspect of the story, so there we are.

I read it and I agree it needs to be cleaned up a bit but I think the bones are there for a fantastic story.

A boy with an abusive father wishes he can do something about it

A doll that the boy loves

A tragic accident that leaves the boy dead

Possessed Doll

Enraged and grieving mother

I wrote this as the first story in a series so i can get more money..i mean..because its meant for a graphic novel and i assumed itll be a series. If im commissioned for more ill post them. A lot of decisions have to be made.  Like does the doll move while your looking at it..or does it move when no one is around..does it talk or is there just a voice thats embodied...is it the child or really a demon...blah blah

I wrote this as the first story in a series so i can get more money..i mean..because its meant for a graphic novel and i assumed itll be a series. If im commissioned for more ill post them. A lot of decisions have to be made.  Like does the doll move while your looking at it..or does it move when no one is around..does it talk or is there just a voice thats embodied...is it the child or really a demon...blah blah

If you want, take a page from The Twilight Zone, watch the episode "Talking Tina"  in that episode the doll, Tina, only spoke to the father and only to tell him she didn't like him or to threaten him.

If you want, take a page from The Twilight Zone, watch the episode "Talking Tina"  in that episode the doll, Tina, only spoke to the father and only to tell him she didn't like him or to threaten him.

Im leaning towards him trying to get revenge for the mother but actually frightening her instead...like a dark comedy. But its not up to me. Not really my story.

Don't know if this helps, but I once tried to a novelization of a story I had written with the intent of being animated. The change in script style alone threw me off quite badly because things like graphic novels and animation have very different styles when it comes to writing. I don't know if this guy wants you to write that kinda script for him or if he wants novel-style pieces, but look into it. Really helps the creative process and cuts back fluff.

Don't know if this helps, but I once tried to a novelization of a story I had written with the intent of being animated. The change in script style alone threw me off quite badly because things like graphic novels and animation have very different styles when it comes to writing. I don't know if this guy wants you to write that kinda script for him or if he wants novel-style pieces, but look into it. Really helps the creative process and cuts back fluff.

I want to see your animation

Im leaning towards him trying to get revenge for the mother but actually frightening her instead...like a dark comedy. But its not up to me. Not really my story.

You're so lucky, I have a story idea that I want to make into a graphic novel cuz it's got a lot of unbelievable action and story and not heavy on dialogue, only thing is I can't draw for shit :D

You're so lucky, I have a story idea that I want to make into a graphic novel cuz it's got a lot of unbelievable action and story and not heavy on dialogue, only thing is I can't draw for shit :D

That didn't stop One Punch Man from being made. Look into it, seriously. Its crazy.

That didn't stop One Punch Man from being made. Look into it, seriously. Its crazy.

Oh wow, but it looks like the webcomic creator had some abilities, I couldn't even do that. :D

He also got seriously lucky when someone approached him to redraw everything for a manga ::spin::

You know what, some of the drawings, well most are really terrible, still I don't think I could pull it off >:D

fccf8c26e86a65e50f6d28d25a1678031ae575ee_hq.jpg