UnevenEdge

American Live action Cowboy bebop TV series remake in development

mochi

THIS one gives me a feeling like it's actually going to happen this time, unlike that years-long-ago movie announcement with Keanu Reeves.  I can't have a strong opinion on it until I see more, like, more detailed news, or a teaser, or something.

The only thing I'm even mildly excited about is cross-promotional opportunities with Toonami. Do you think they would produce topicals to air on Toonami, and have Toonami schedule promos running during Cowboy Bebop Live Action? Of course that goes out the window if this ends up being a Netflix show like Death Note Live Action!

The only thing I'm even mildly excited about is cross-promotional opportunities with Toonami. Do you think they would produce topicals to air on Toonami, and have Toonami schedule promos running during Cowboy Bebop Live Action? Of course that goes out the window if this ends up being a Netflix show like Death Note Live Action!

Do you even realize how small the chances are of it being on one of the Turner networks? :|

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the realization that if this ends up on say, TNT, Netflix or Hulu will make a show to counterprogram it.

Who wants to see Netflix's Outlaw Star?  Because let's face it, if that does happen, that's the only show to counter Bebop with.

I just had the realization that if this ends up on say, TNT, Netflix or Hulu will make a show to counterprogram it.

Who wants to see Netflix's Outlaw Star?  Because let's face it, if that does happen, that's the only show to counter Bebop with.

tumblr_inline_omnk6c3EtL1uryu49_500.gif

It's not too late to kill this with fire....

Technically true.  No one has announced it yet.

Again, though, better this than Outlaw Star.  How would Aisha even work in live action?!

With any luck, that Judge Dredd series gets made (and gets Karl Urban) and this doesn't.