UnevenEdge

Anyone else here ever read or write anime fanfiction?

Skiles

Maybe of the dirty variety (lemons, I think they're called), or just regular, straightforward stories?

I used to really enjoy InuYasha fanfiction. There was a site a long time ago that had a few that were actually pretty well-written. It's gone now, though. I used to write them as well, but mostly just as writing practice. I don't think I ever put them out into the world.

I wouldn't really call them fan-fiction in the conventional sense, but I have plenty of ideas that I either have or would like to put to paper as anime ideas.

HardcoreHunter[/member] Speaking of Happy To Serve You, is that still going on or did Elfie's salt resulting from Inception being a total douche sink any chance of it continuing?

Maybe of the dirty variety (lemons, I think they're called), or just regular, straightforward stories?

I used to really enjoy InuYasha fanfiction. There was a site a long time ago that had a few that were actually pretty well-written. It's gone now, though. I used to write them as well, but mostly just as writing practice. I don't think I ever put them out into the world.

I have a pretty fucked up one on one of my tumblrs

I don't doubt it. I've read a few over the years that were way over-the-top, to the point of being almost comical in how crazy they are. It's funny to me.

reading back what I wrote it's about that bad....I'm even on the fence as to whether or not it goes past comical into cosmic horror

i use to write rly crappy 5min fanfics on asmb for lolz.

then id post em on fanfiction.net and ppl would ge so pissy over em xD.

i dont know if ive read many fanfics? prolly a couple thru my weeby days. ive read a few doujins?

thats bout as closes as ill get

i dont think i ever wrote a srs fanfic, or took any fanfic i wrote serious. just for funsies.

you can read em here if you wanna

(omg shippo maddness lol forgot about that one and most of these)

I really don't read nor write anime fanfiction... but I have had an idea to write an original anime-inspired story.

I've done this too.

It was part of a project for my Sequential Illustration class (or was it Cartooning? I forget). Anyways, I ended up writing the script to an entire one-shot manga just to draw like 6 pages.

Not at all.

I have several, but the ones I really like I'm keeping to myself just in case.

I have hundreds, I used to be secretive about them but considering I just do not have the drive to ever complete them I've been more open about them cause the only way they'll get made is if someone plagiarises my ideas

I've written many comedy ones on the old boards such as Keanu Reeves method acting as Spike Spiegal, Captain Yamamoto's mandatory fun, Ichigo getting constipated, some Geass ones about the Black Knights, a Rei vs. Yuki Nagato staring contest, Carl from ATHF falling into the portal to Feudal Japan, a ton of stories from the Things Eva Characters Wouldn't Say thread, and more. Also wrote a self-cest story, an alternate grimdark version of Bleach, a version of Madoka Magica that involves using the soul gems as ben wa beads, slash between the main guys from Kids on the Slope ending with a racist guy having a trombone forced up his ass, the origin story of the guy that tries to purchase Bunnygirl Kallen, some ancient FFVII/X skits buried in Fanfiction.net, and others.

I want to make more, but don't know where or when to post them. Maybe switch the names around to get that 50 Shades dough.

Much like everyone else here, I have my own ideas in my head for anime, down to and including the music for the intro (in one case, at least). 

I don't really read much fanficiton, let alone anime fanfiction.  I read an Eureka Seven fanfiction sequel right around the time I really got into the series, but it became far to saccharine for me relatively quickly, and I dropped it after a couple of chapters (admittedly, it was still better than Astral Ocean,  but that isn't too hard to do).  I HAVE read Re-Take, though, and actually enjoyed it pretty thoroughly. 

Not related to anime, I read some Star Wars fanfiction about what would have happened in Mace Windu killed Palpatine, which was pretty good, but I haven't read it in a while.  I used to read Fan Fiction Fridays back when Topless Robot was a thing.  I just read a crack fic about Ron Weasley being the stupidest person alive, which was entertaining.

As for me writing fanfiction, I've only ever written one.  I wrote it and posted it back around the time Toonami got revived, when I used to frequent the NeoToonami forums (back when they were a thing).  It was and is absolutely terrible, and is the only thing I've ever done that I actually regret doing.

On 12/11/2016 at 4:41 AM, CaptainStarwind said:

Much like everyone else here, I have my own ideas in my head for anime, down to and including the music for the intro (in one case, at least).

Now that's dedication. Me, I go for really staffing it out, all the way down to the voice actors.

And since I've got interest from people, I'll share two of my ideas, spoiler-marked just in case.

The first is one I've had since 2006 and bugged people to pay attention to since 2007: NIBAI MUGENDAI.

The story takes place in Nagoya, Japan in the year 2099. During this time, technological advancements in the field of cybernetics have made their mark on the city, alongside other advancements that allowed its people to go near-paperless in terms of communication, but criminal activities are also on the rise throughout the city, particularly concerning an organization of black-suited men headquartered in northern Aichi known as SORE. They typically attack small villages and towns in the country via airships and attack cars, recruiting the survivors into their ranks in the hopes of creating an army strong enough to take over Japan, but their presence in Nagoya specifically has become steadily  notable since it partially ties into their future plans for the country. Well, that and a female vigilante assassin dressed like the unholy combination of a super sentai heroine and a magical girl keeps killing them whenever they're in town, some of those confrontations resulting in fights that she usually wins.

During one such fight, 19-year old college student Takashi Fujishima gets shot down by stray bullets from one SORE member (known as a SOREA), effectively removing his arm from his body and causing him to nearly bleed out. After defeating the SOREAs in question, the vigilante girl, known as Motoko Kotegawa, saves Takashi's life by grafting one of the SOREAs' weaponized prosthetic arms - powered by a fluid capable of high-speed regeneration when continuously running through the bloodstream - to his body. From that point on, after some reluctance, Takashi joins Motoko in fighting SORE with his new arm plus the gunfighting skills he already possesses, and in the meantime also forms a relationship with her. And beyond SORE, he also finds himself up against a mysterious girl dressed the same as Motoko, but apparently unassociated with her and obsessed with killing Takashi, tying into his past that he can't seem to remember...

This idea was directly inspired by the costume designs of Love Pheromone from Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge, but the plot was inspired by a mix of FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, and Futurama. From there, it was planned out, written down, and re-planned out over the course of a decade to the point I'm at now. My original plan was to, like FLCL, have it be directed by Kazuya Tsurumaki and animated by GAINAX and Production I.G, but after Tsurumaki left for Khara and GAINAX became irrelevant, I switched them out for Yoh Yoshinari and Trigger respectively. It's soundtracked by the pillows (also of FLCL fame) but with a wider use of their overall discography, plus music from a collective of mostly [as]-related or [as]-similar artists collectively credited as "N.M. Nagoya Band". The first opening theme is "Crazy Sunshine" and the first ending theme is "Thank You, My Twilight", both by the pillows.

I completed my finalized script for the first episode (with specific staff listings) a while back, but am currently looking for a place where I can upload the PDF and show it to you in a much less obnoxious and alienating way than I did for the original version I posted on the ASMB during my teenage years.

The second is one I came up with just this year, that goes by the intentionally awkward title of Kinky Kunoichi.

Directly inspired by this image and the visual direction stylings of Toshiyuki Tsuru (director of Gungrave and a handful of Naruto's best episodes), this story takes place 15 years before NIBAI MUGENDAI and in Tokyo, where multiple yakuza clans duke it out on the streets of the city at night, making it considerably dangerous for those who happen to be in the vicinity of the battlegrounds. These fights also provide an excuse for a trio of sexy female ninja to kidnap women from off the streets (technically alleys), typically done during the fights, and put them through some heavily bondage-happy tortures. Their secret kidnapping spree, however, soon catches the attention of our two protagonists: meek and often-worried high school student Shin Kizuka, and disillusioned newcomer police detective Naokuu Tanoshiba. The disappearance of one Muchise Yokoshima, Shin's childhood friend and the daughter of Naokuu's mentor, inspire the two to individually, and later together, investigate it, with the initial goals of finding her and proving that the yakuza aren't responsible for the string of kidnappings that's been hitting Tokyo as of late. But their investigations lead them away from their initial target - Shin's self-proclaimed harem of admirers at his delinquency-infested high school - and towards the Kunoichi, sparking a number of events that lead them to realize that the trio's actions go beyond simple kidnappings...

Directed by Toshiyuki Tsuru under his current pseudonym Yasuaki Kurotsu, animated at Pierrot, produced by most of the same people as Naruto and Shippuden (but without Kishimoto or the anime writers' involvement), scored by trance/hip-hop artist Blanco "Billions" Yamaguchi, and featuring an ED from JAM Project.

Haven't done anything with it yet beyond episode descriptions, but it'd definitely be neat to write this out.

Edited by PokeNirvash
Update for lurkers and potential necrobumpers: NIBAI MUGENDAI is still on hold, but Kinky Kunoichi has all 12 episodes released in the Member Share-Space.

Well those certainly sound like interesting ideas, Poke. I'd certainly like to read the script for Nibai Mugendai, and then we could gush over how you'd rate the show.

As for me, I actually created a pretty elaborate little fantasy world featuring both fictional people living in an alternate version of this world, and the media they consume. Between [adult swim] shows, chiptune artists, and anime, I really fleshed it out. I've decided to put it on hold for some period of time because I'm not sure how they'd react to recent real world events, but I still think about them occasionally. I probably have about half a dozen rough concepts for shows as a part of that world. But most of all...

I just want to write a story about a cute boy who dresses as a maid for fun and sexiness. It's not like Shonen Maid, since he's an older high school/borderline college student, and he does it by his own will. Basically, it'd be the autobiography of what I wish my life was like.

I wrote 20 chapters from back when I actually posted it on the ASMB, but decided to rewrite everything so that it seemed more natural and less cringe-y. I got through 12 of them before deciding to give it another rewrite. Currently I'm 1 for 52 with the finalized version.

Blatch[/member] I'd read/watch it.

cool! are u posting it anywhere? id be intersted in reading it again.

(well, when ihave time, which tbh isnt much these days. at least im getting good hrs at work. im trying to soak in as much as i can before they go away lol)

also, i dont think ive ever rly written a fanfic srsly. like actually put thought into one.

might be fun tho.

oh i think i did once, or tried. for some utapri contest. it didnt win tho, it was prolly terrible i know it was haha.

Now that's dedication. Me, I go for really staffing it out, all the way down to the voice actors.

And since I've got interest from people, I'll share two of my ideas, spoiler-marked just in case.

I'm liking both of your ideas.  I can tell you really thought about the first one in particular, and I'm interested to see how the story would develop over multiple episodes.