Jump to content
Scheduled Downtime Sunday - Security Patch Update ×
UnevenEdge

Toonamiguy321

SwimVIP
  • Posts

    1538
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Toonamiguy321

  1. Honestly if they came out and just said there’s nothing for the rest of the year, I’d be fine with that. I’d be disappointed, sure, but it’s much better to just be told now rather than being strung along for the next few months. Demarco claims that Sentai wouldn’t respond to him, yet for quite a few years Sentai was telling its fans on social media to pester Demarco and Adult Swim to pick up some of their shows. I feel like Demarco wasn’t putting in any effort because Sentai didn’t have any shonen. And isn’t it just fascinating how in 2019 when they needed an emergency pickup, that just so happened to be the time they were able to get Sentai to pick up for Food Wars?
  2. Honest question, why won’t you hold them accountable? Demarco dispelled the rumor that Sentai wasn’t in their corner anymore, so that means they had that pool as well as anything but Bleach to look at from Viz. Last year, they made a commitment to securing varied content to prevent situations like we saw this summer and right now where we have droughts of content. So if a few weeks from now we get the November schedule and there aren’t any new shows on it, the only one to blame is going to be the staff. The singular possible reason that would be out of their hands would be if Discovery isn’t letting them spend money. But there are holes in that argument right out of the gate. 1. We did get Yashahime. There certainly is a possibility that deal was deep in the works prior to Discovery taking control, but that’s a stretch. 2. We have been reassured multiple times by Demarco and other general statements by WBD that Toonami is something they value for their future. If that’s true, there should be money to spend. If there isn’t money to spend, we have been getting the old Zaslav runaround and the block isn’t long for this world regardless of what anyone says or does.
  3. So this ended up being a big fat nothingburger. Every show aired about 1-2 minutes late because of HCC being 25 mins long with a full OP/ED. There was some music thing early in the night but it does not seem to have mattered. I also caught a single ad that repeated 4 times in a row. So uh, thanks for screwing up everyone’s DVRs for nothing AS. Very cool
  4. It’s a bizarre choice on their part to just cut down adtime in response to this. I’d more expect them to put their adspace on a deep discount just to fill it in. Some money is better than no money. It is a little worrisome to see this article and see Toonami is the first place they are cutting ads from. Commercials suck but those are what justify the blocks existence. This is essentially them stating Toonami adspace is worth almost nothing
  5. Between then and the next normal Toonami, that’s pretty much the perfect buffer window we would usually expect for a Toonami run. That would put Toonami behind 3 episodes, a gap that would grow larger as we enter the holiday season. Could Demarco have maybe thrown a miracle together? Now that CR has put out their reveal, Toonami should have the go ahead if they have it. Not getting my expectations too high, but the pieces are there on the board.
  6. Well, that’s a strange experiment. I guess I’m programming the DVR manually this week cause there’s no way it’s going to be able to handle this. I wonder if maybe next week we are going to see the block airing full OPs and EDs all night long. I assume they couldn’t pull that together for tonight, but that’s what the extra time is being set aside for.
  7. The only show Toonami ever secured long term rights to was AoT. Then Funi put an end to those kind of deals because it didn’t benefit them in any way. If those types of deals were still on the table, I’m sure they would have made one for MHA. So if the current season misses the block then we can safely assume stuff like Black Clover, Dr Stone and Fire Force are also off the table for good
  8. Sigh, so it’s going to be just like last year where we get a new schedule almost weekly, not for new shows, but to show us how they will stall that week. I should have known the MiA movie or S2 was setting expectations too high If we anticipate Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years marathons as they usually do, we only have 6-7 normal Toonami nights left after Halloween anyway. They won’t start anything new with that small window
  9. Black Clover is under Crunchyroll now, so we aren’t ever going to see it back on the block. Not that it’s a huge problem right now, I’m sure the movie will push off the next season for at least a year.
  10. Did you miss the news that Disney locked it down? That ship has sailed. If by some miracle they do some acrobatics to get it, I highly doubt the dub would be ready to move out in early November. This is a Viz show, they have never been that fast. In regards to the budget, if Bleach was on their radar earlier in the year, and they now aren’t getting it, they should have a tidy chunk of change to spend on other content.
  11. I thought they were setting us up for MiA S2 when they doubled it up but now it looks like they just did that cause they were forced to pull Black Lotus. What even is there besides that? Everything CR, Funi, and Aniplex is apparently off the table. And for whatever reason they have never wanted to delve into the more niche titles in the Sentai catalog (niche doesn’t mean bad!), and Viz is pretty limited with content. Idk, I don’t have my expectations set too high. Don’t forget, right after Lupin ends, HCC ends the next week. That’s the real question. What’s gonna be our lead show for the foreseeable future?
×
×
  • Create New...