UnevenEdge

Samurai Jack Episode "CI" Series Finale Discussion Thread, One Last Showdown

The whole last five minutes I was going "Don't do the Nia ending."

They did the Nia ending.  And now I'm sad.

it's what Ashi wanted though

sad as it may be, she made several faces leading up to the death scene implying that she knew she wasn't going to exist much longer

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's what Ashi wanted though

sad as it may be, she made several faces leading up to the death scene implying that she knew she wasn't going to exist much longer

So did Nia.

...Dammit.

i just think genndy did the ending like this to troll fans....dude clearly is on sony's payroll now and wants to not be bothered for anything else

I can understand not liking the finale, but that's just bullshit.  Genndy's been pushing to get a sequel made for years and even had a movie treatment in pre-production.  The entire staff expressed crazy enthusiasm to get this chance to finish things off.

I can understand not liking the finale, but that's just bullshit.  Genndy's been pushing to get a sequel made for years and even had a movie treatment in pre-production.  The entire staff expressed crazy enthusiasm to get this chance to finish things off.

If it wasn't for some major staff changes at CN and the whole CN Real push then Genndy even might have gotten the chance to finish Samurai Jack with a fifth season on Cartoon Network when he originally wanted to.

... you know I think Genndy deliberately refrained from making a Twitter account around this time for this specific reason.  I wonder if people are email spamming him, asking if he's seen Gurren Lagaan.

Genndy certainly thought ahead in terms Twitter fan responses

God only knows how many Samurai Jack faxes he is getting right now

After watching a recording of the episode, I have to agree that the ending could have been thought out better. But I still think it's an acceptable one.

Glad to see the series receive an ending. Genndy deserved an opportunity to finish his story, and he did so appropriately.