UnevenEdge

here's what i never got about marathons

Toonami Starts so late at night that no sane person would be doing any traveling  and  the Toonami faithful will watch regardless of what the date happens to be

yet adult swim keeps thinking we all hop in the car and go on a big road trip this time of year.....you wanna know backwards things are?  cartoon network is actually airing new content on memorial day!!!  so if anyone should be scared of lower ratings it should be the people actually airing content on memorial day

not the people airing stuff several days before the holiday and in the dead ass of the night

But wouldn't it be better to just get some more damn sleep on those nights?

Also, I was once away from home on an Independance Day weekend where they marathoned the Hunter show. So good tidings to you whenever a similar situation arises.

Even if it's late in the day, people will still be ON VACATION during the marathons, so maybe they won't be traveling, but they'll instead be partying, drinking, out with friends, or dancing, or doing whatever else, than doing nothing in front of the TV.  The crew is still aware that there is less of a chance of people watching TV during a holiday weekend, unless it's concerning football on Thanksgiving, or holiday specials on Christmas.

Even if it's late in the day, people will still be ON VACATION during the marathons, so maybe they won't be traveling, but they'll instead be partying, drinking, out with friends, or dancing, or doing whatever else, than doing nothing in front of the TV.  The crew is still aware that there is less of a chance of people watching TV during a holiday weekend, unless it's concerning football on Thanksgiving, or holiday specials on Christmas.

does cartoon network honestly think enough people will be watching for their new episodes on memorial day

As annoying as the marathons can be, they're a better option than, say, a movie every holiday, which would just be wasting money at that point.

That being said, I'd like to see a movie again every once and a while.

Movies every once and a while on particular holidays sounds like a damn good plan in my book. However if there was a group of movies that are super cheap for the Toonami crew to pick up then I'd welcome movies back much more often

Also doesn't stop AS from running a new episode of Mike Tyson on Sunday night either.

To be fair, that's 1 quarter hour segment that they'll be able to rerun for free whenever they want  vs 7 half hours of content that is new to the network that costs money to rerun. Kind of makes sense to avoid wasting that much content on a holiday weekend if you can avoid it.

Marathons are about the only thing that's sensible to do when you need to fill 4 hours and Toonami usually only has one rerun in it. If it was 3 hours they could pay one long movie but at four hours they'd have to run two movies minimum and that gets costly.

Personally I don't mind the odd week off every now and then but having one week off in July, September, October, November and probably two off in December does get annoying due to frequency. At that point you almost question why even bother airing Toonami from Halloween weekend until January? The shows constantly lose momentum because of the frequent breaks. Though it'd be a drag if Toonami was only running from January to late October every year.

I really don't want them to take July 1st off this year. They should let Lupin air uninterrupted until Labor Day weekend and don't get Attack on Titan even more behind.

To be fair, that's 1 quarter hour segment that they'll be able to rerun for free whenever they want  vs 7 half hours of content that is new to the network that costs money to rerun. Kind of makes sense to avoid wasting that much content on a holiday weekend if you can avoid it.

Marathons are about the only thing that's sensible to do when you need to fill 4 hours and Toonami usually only has one rerun in it. If it was 3 hours they could pay one long movie but at four hours they'd have to run two movies minimum and that gets costly.

Personally I don't mind the odd week off every now and then but having one week off in July, September, October, November and probably two off in December does get annoying due to frequency. At that point you almost question why even bother airing Toonami from Halloween weekend until January? The shows constantly lose momentum because of the frequent breaks. Though it'd be a drag if Toonami was only running from January to late October every year.

I really don't want them to take July 1st off this year. They should let Lupin air uninterrupted until Labor Day weekend and don't get Attack on Titan even more behind.

If they do take July 1st off for a marathon this year, hopefully it will be AOT S2. I think that would be the best choice for it, as theoretically 9 episodes of the show should be out by then.

However, it seems like such a move would kill whatever momentum Lupin III Part 4 has from the 17th and 24th similar to what happened with JoJo last year, so that might be a bad idea.