UnevenEdge

Hunter x Hunter Episode 29 Discussion

StarPanda

Those things scared the hell out of me whenever I played Ocarina Of Time!

Especially the one which drops from the ceiling and grabs you!

Those were Wallmasters.  No real difference except the shadow that appears under you and the sound effect that accompanies it.

Those were Wallmasters.  No real difference except the shadow that appears under you and the sound effect that accompanies it.

, yeah floormasters are just wallmasters that are already there....also they break into smaller floormasters when you kill them

Random guy teaches them new superpowers for little to no reason.

Don't get me wrong, the show seems like it's better now than it was..... but the writing is still god awful.

God awful writing, and god awful to sit through and still boring as  hell.  It's like this show was scientifically engineered to be as dull and uninteresting as possible.

Also the stuff they are explaining now should've come within the first ten episodes.  I'm past the point of caring at this point.  It's too little too late to explain this show's shitty, uninteresting, nonsensical, unimaginative world.

No reason? These last two episodes basically spelt out why he's teaching them, first because he noticed the potential within them and second for them not to become like the trio we saw. There's also a reason why it was specifically Wing who teaches them revealed later.

Second, the writing's fine, they can only use the protective aspect of nen right now and are far from mastering it, if it was bad writing they would instantly know how to fight with it. If there's anything wrong with introducing something that has been foreshadowed since ep 16,  then you should really get it to One Piece for showing haki in ep 1 and not revealing it 300+ eps later.

Haki is only used by the big stars of the OP world that have made it to the New World. It makes sense why we wouldn't see any of it during the early OP episodes except for short glimpses.

Lolpwned.  ;D Hiatus is garbage; One PIece is awesome and makes sense why the delayed reveal, like you said.  8)

Why would you entrust TWO RANDOM CHILDREN with these incredible powers? You JUST MET THEM.

Oh let me guess, because you can "sense the good in them."

Oh and this stuff normally takes time to master.... but... there's a "cheat" that lets you learn it in 10 minutes!

I'm sorry but you guys keep making excuses for the horrible plot convenient writing.

Man, when people like a show they just turn on their blinders and can't see the obvious.

Why would you entrust TWO RANDOM CHILDREN with these incredible powers? You JUST MET THEM.

Oh and this stuff normally takes time to master.... but... there's a "cheat" that lets you learn it in 10 minutes!

I'm sorry but you guys keep making excuses for the horrible plot convenient writing.

Man, when people like a show they just turn on their blinders and can't see the obvious.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

It isn't exactly entrusting them with those powers if they're just going to get mauled by the first nen-user they fight on the 200 floor, hell Hisoka was technically saving them by barring them entrance until they were ready. It's convenient yes, but not really poor if I like I said they only know how to defend themselves and Wing literally tells them to wait two months before fighting. Advice in which Gon ignores and appears to bites him in the ass immediately as he faces off against a guy who specialty is tearing through defense. So again how is this poor writing?

Lol yup.

It's actually more interesting than the first 30 episodes but it's still not great or anything. The show takes 30 episodes to go from boring to somewhat interesting. Not exactly  a winning formula.

If they had actually watched this show, they would never have aired it. Kinda like DW.

Well at the end of the day it's all subjective anyways, so whatever, dislike the show all you want. Personally I like the fight scenes even if your claims is only true for some of them. But really if you watched the fight scenes in a majority of these types of shows you would notice that they're almost all plagued by stalling monologues, cut-aways, and scenes of characters just standing for a bit. Not that HxH isn't guilty itself of these types of things.

Also back to your complaint of the writing being poor because "Wing entrusted them with this incredibly deadly power" I forgot to mention that Wing didn't actually trust them with Nen completely at first. He kinda lies to their faces about the aspects of nen, since they weren't his students he only wanted to give them hints of what it actually was. It's only after Killua shallows his pride that he teaches them.

actually if I remember correctly

[spoiler=spoilahs]the man who taught them nen is actually a part of the hunter association and was supposed to do it

I could be wrong though its been 2 years since I watched the series.