UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Eromanga Sensei 8

Shin Wakabayashi's direction of this episode was a perfect synergy of generic LN adaptation episode direction and Toshiyuki Tsuru-esque visual direction. Kuroneko's cameo appearance was fun, but that random Kirito as one of Elf's obstacles to "defeating Dengeki Bunko" was just too perfect. :D The mystery supporting character in the OP (slightly changed to make Muramasa more moe) being a fellow up-and-coming light novelist was a pleasant surprise. The party food looked delicious, Elf's lolita-style yukata was adorbs, and Sagiri gradually becoming less reclusive - screaming "Idiot!" at Masamune without using her Mr. Microphone and venturing out of her room while home alone, in particular - is a good show of that Fushimi-style character development that goes over most people's heads. Long story short, this episode was excellent, a true testament to why I stuck with it. 101/100. It ain't a million out of 100, but it's a start.

BxAsJV6.png

MHaq10U.png

Rewatched Space Dandy 15 and March Comes in Like a Lion 3.

I recently completed the first chapter of my 48-piece personal original anime idea project based off this obvious piece of fetish artwork, and before I start on the second, I decided to watch some old episodes to get a feel for direction and framing consistent with that of the individual credited with heading the episode. For this specific case, it's episode director Toshiaki Kidokoro I'm observing, and I selected these two episodes for my "research". Not only did both episodes use lighting and shading appropriately based on location (i.e. artificial interior lighting for the Aloha Oe, window backlighting only for Ukuleleman's mansion), but they had a dramatic air that is just perfect for the episode I plan on writing. ;D

Also, I forgot all about the spacey Capybara lady, as well as Dr. Gel's name. I kept calling him Dr. Gero before I realized my mistake. :-[

• Princess Princess #8

Something's going on with the future existence of the Princess program, but you know it's not going to last because it would mean taking away the show's entire premise. Still, at least... well... ah, I don't remember much from this one, actually, aside from Mikoto needing a serious intervention about homework. I'm hopeful that I don't need one whenever I'm on medicine. But whatever, since this was all just a ruse to get the budget up for crossdressing activities anyway. And I really want Tohru and Shihoudani to kiss again, because reasons.

• High School of the Dead #10 and #11
  • WorldEnd #2

It definitely has one of the more esoteric premises for a pseudo-isekai story I've come across, what not with so many adorable lolis that carry an unfortunate taint of nihilism in their daily lives. I guess I'm enjoying it. Also, even despite me not really preferring to use the shortened Japanese names for a simulcast, you can totally call it SukaSuka if you want, since that's a lot of fun to say.

Neo Ranga 6

I'll admit, the sudden jump from the Shimabaras refusing to hand Ranga over to the military last episode to the military destroying (a) Ranga (replica) this episode confused me. Best parts were Ushio kicking Greg Ayres in the crotch and Yuuhi's evil face, worst as usual was Joel's voice acting.

Rewatched Kuromukuro 22

• High School of the Dead #12 and OVA (rewatch) | (END)

Well, that was... literal Hell; one hell of a show.

This is definitely an edgy show, but it has the fun kind of edge: One where the program doesn't make itself out to be important, nor engage in any sort of eye-rolling preachiness. It does certainly show off the kind of morally bankrupt stuff you'd need to do in a zombie apocalypse, but that's about it. My favorite character is Kota, because he manages to be more pathetic than I am, but still a badass when it comes to getting along with people and things (things he makes DEAD).

I think the OVA deserves special mention because I actually watched that episode prior to the series. It's literally the cheapest thing for sale on Sentai's website, and I had it shipped out for free. It's basically just a recap of the entire show (which was good for me at the time) and ten minutes of fanservice ending with Takashi getting sucked off by zombies. And then it proceeds to tease a second season that we're probably never going to see... ever. That just hurts.

But yeah, author existence failure aside, a good series, albeit one that'll almost certainly have to be seen for what it is. I couldn't imagine how crazy things would get with an apparent nuclear holocaust happening alongside zombies. But oh well. I guess there are other series which have gotten robbed of finality that are even better than this one. 8/10.

• Mr. Osomatsu #4

On the other hand... yeah, this is a show I'm not yet keen about. I'm not even sure what to think. Half the time, the comedy is too weird even for me.

• Birdy the Mighty: Decode 02 #3