UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

I finished Goblin Slayer. I'm very torn about my current feelings towards this anime. The judgemental side of me wants to say it's utter trash that caters to fanservice in a way that creates tonal problems that makes me laugh at the wrong content. On the other hand, I did enjoy that last to episodes more than I thought, it seemed Goblin Slayer had an actual character arc, and the show explores unique themes about where the world would be if there weren't dedicated adventures helping save people through small battles instead of the usual heroes going after the main boss threats. Just wish they gave people names and gave female characters different motivations. lol

Now I'll be watching A Place Further than the Universe episode 5

Norn9 2 - 9

Wow, this show seems to have so many plot holes, if feels like it's going to wind up being more hole than plot. Yep, I'm sensing another train wreck coming here. It almost makes me want to stop and watch the Super Bowl, but looking at the score right now... -_- Yeah no. Nuh uh. Think I'll just take a bathroom break instead.

Norn9 10 - 12

Wish I could reset my brain and forget I ever saw this one now. That I somehow managed to fight off my better judgement and forced myself to finish this, unfortunately just proves what I guess I've always known deep down, that I'm a bit of a masochist. Yep, that was somehow worse than a regular old trainwreck; that was a boring train wreck. I didn't even think that sort of thing was possible, but this show just proved me wrong.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

11 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

It was Kevin Penkin's soundtrack that got you through it, wasn't it.

[search your feelings you know it to be true]

Could be. It was certainly soothing to listen to. Could explain why, combined with the mind numbingness of the last couple episodes, I nearly nodded off a couple of times while still sitting upright. As far as I can remember, I've never once in my life ever fallen asleep like that, so that's saying something coming from me.

Okamikakushi Masque of the Wolf 1 - 12

Last episode was certainly quite the departure from the rest of the show there, which is too bad. It made me laugh quite a bit. Seems like they saved all of the humor for it, when the rest of the series could have really used some more of it to make the characters a bit more likable.