UnevenEdge

What Manga Are You Reading Right Now?

BUU8800

I took a break from manga for awhile to play video games and only watch anime and YT videos.

Plus my dad's been in the hospital for a little over a month and I've been busy visiting him.

If it wasn't for that, I'd probably would have started reading One Piece again sometime in January.

Had a snow day today so I had a lot of time to read manga and play video games.

Read One Piece 1006-1008

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I get it. If you can't find the time and don't want to use the brainpower required for reading over mere watching, taking a break is okay with me. But it really hurts to see this thread become so inactive. Where did everybody go? It seems like half the regulars left the forum for no apparent reason, while the others abruptly stopped posting just in here. And the anime-watching thread isn't any better: it's seemingly now down to just you, me, and Poke.

Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu 95-99
Bokura no Mahou Shounen 7/8
Witch Hat Atelier 8
The Quintessential Quintuplets 49/50

I ordered the first volume of Delicious in Dungeon off of Right Stuf, but it's currently in Supply Chain Hell. This after two failed attempts to pay for it using a gift card and after I waited a good while for it to even be in stock. We'll see how this shakes out, but in the meantime, I can't help but be impressed at my own persistence toward Atsumare.

[reiko is best girl]

On 3/9/2022 at 2:44 PM, Blatch said:

Yeah, I get it. If you can't find the time and don't want to use the brainpower required for reading over mere watching, taking a break is okay with me. But it really hurts to see this thread become so inactive. Where did everybody go? It seems like half the regulars left the forum for no apparent reason, while the others abruptly stopped posting just in here. And the anime-watching thread isn't any better: it's seemingly now down to just you, me, and Poke.

Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu 95-99
Bokura no Mahou Shounen 7/8
Witch Hat Atelier 8
The Quintessential Quintuplets 49/50

I ordered the first volume of Delicious in Dungeon off of Right Stuf, but it's currently in Supply Chain Hell. This after two failed attempts to pay for it using a gift card and after I waited a good while for it to even be in stock. We'll see how this shakes out, but in the meantime, I can't help but be impressed at my own persistence toward Atsumare.

[reiko is best girl]

I don't sleep well a lot of the time so I don't have the brain power to read manga most of the time

plus the only manga I like reading right now is One Piece so I don't have a lot to read either.  The

anime folder has pretty much been dead since the beginning.  That's nothing new to me.

• Like 1

im just too used to not posting at this point sadly. the comment section on the manga site i use still isnt back either. i unfortunately dont talk about shit anywhere. stardust hasnt been in here in a while either i see.

but i do like putting people on to the manga im reading (which is partially why i have the picture thread--so i can bait people with nice art), so maybe i can (try to lol) make more of an effort for the sake of all those creative writers out there who may be under the radar--one of whom blatch is already reading.

witch hat is good stuff.

• Like 3

The Mitarai's House is on Fire 29 - this chapter started out as how the fuck, then revealed that we're just giving it all away and so it wasnt that bad in the end.

Spoiler

this must be about to end. sad but probably good that this isnt dragged out further than it needs to be. the journey was a great.

For Her, I'd Give it My All 47

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chimamire Sukeban Chainsaw 3-50?

this mangas so tight. 

one of the best things about having a huge manga list is randomly rediscovering a manga thats been buried away beneath a bunch of other shit you added right after you found that one you were really into.

i get excited all over again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I read Summer Time Render last weekend and I started Golden Kamuy this week. Been meaning to read this one now that S4 of the anime is airing. Gonna watch it some time soon. 

I thought STR was great but I am really liking Golden Kamuy manga a lot. The story and characters are amazing and the illustrations of animals and landscapes are breath taking at times. Probably going to spend most of my weekend reading this one haha 

• 2 weeks later...

Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu 106-108
Otasuke Miko Miko-chan 1/2 (reread)
Touhou Suzunaan ~ Forbidden Scrollery 1

Haven't been reading much lately because manga has turned into a struggle for me. I take so much time to not just read the text, but read it to how I think it should be said. Stuff like inflection, pausing when I see an ellipsis (and how long the pause should be), the order characters are speaking in, even internal voices all make it harder. I don't know what brought this on because I used to have no problem slamming down chapters, but now it makes me apprehensive toward starting one. Despite this, I have new volumes of Witch Hat Atelier and Delicious in Dungeon I need to start (the latter purchased just a couple of days ago), and I made sure to get the only officially-licensed Touhou manga, in spite of the fact that it doesn't actually say the franchise's name in the cover. Maybe it's buried in the post-volume omake somewhere, or even the copyright notice. Seems pretty weird, just like a lot of things that have been going on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls U149 73/74
Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu 110-125 and 127/128 (yes, I skipped one, which was by accident)
Touhou Suzunaan ~ Forbidden Scrollery 4
Witch Hat Atelier 12

[regular service will resume tomorrow]

• 4 weeks later...

Jujutsu Kaisen

Black Clover

One Piece

Chainsaw Man (read long before the anime)

My Hero Academia

Mashle (read long before the anime)

Spy x Family (read long before the anime)

Kaiju No. 9

Hunter x Hunter (trying to find where the anime left off and catch up)

I tried reading the latest Naruto ones (Sasuke’s story, the one with Azuma’s kid, Boruto but I keep losing interest)

edit:  if including Korean Manwha too, then Solo Leveling (the latest epilogue chapters)

Edited by eklipse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...