UnevenEdge

What Manga Are You Reading Right Now?

BUU8800

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san 27-?

one of the best running SoL right now. cozy stuff. if you want cozy + are interested in stories that cover life as a geisha (the manga is about a caterer at a geisha house as well---who is the MC) then this is worth checking out. anime starts next month too.

• 2 weeks later...

I love you, so i kill you: Last 22[End]

Spoiler

I cant lie--i sort of lost interest by the time this sequel started, but im glad i saw it all the way through...i did not want etou to die--she was my best girl--and i personally wanted hanazono to stay dead (just thought itd be better for the story)--but i knew she'd come back..there was just something about that last chapter...

sad that i will never see miss beautiful doctor-san hanaguchi again 😥 

iloveyousoikillyouharaguchi2.png.25e435ee8e8ba78510a058de3d5e9278.png

6/10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One Piece 984-987

I've been busy with a new job lately.  Not used to working between 9 and 9 1/2 hours a day during

the week yet so I've been too tired to read manga during the week.  Plus I was catching up on anime and

YT videos during the weekends before.  I have no idea about the others.

• Like 1

im mostly just too lazy to post here anymore. feels too different; the quietness of the whole folder just bleeds into the thread too (for me), so i get no real desire to post here + in manga site comments sections like i used to.

sometimes i feel like it tho.

Destro 246 9-?

Goodbye Dystopia 5

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I find the quietness of the forum some times, plus my lack of chemistry with some of the members (mostly the newer ones) prevents me from posting here. We've come a long way from the death of the ASMB. But I hope to get back into my posting habits as the calendar turns.

So quick update... I finished up to Chapter 25 in Cells at Work! (which is the last of Volume 5), and then I returned to The Quintessential Quintuplets and read all three volumes of it I have. I got both of these series as well as a few others (Vinland Saga, notably) from a Humble Bundle a long time ago, and they're both pretty fun.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Useless Lesbians Princesses 37 - finally.

people bitching about the 3 month timeskip but i dont think theres anything wrong with avoiding 10 more chapters worth of drama and sadness and figuring out feelings via said drama and also flashbacks..zzzz.

Quietly Beautiful Glaring Miss Yoriko 2-3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu 6-19
Fairy Tail 1/2

Glad I took another chance on the Squid Girl dude's newer series. At first, I was turned off from it due to all the sex jokes, but now I've found that the humor goes a little beyond that in future chapters, even if it's mostly dumb slapstick and characters flaunting their one-note personalities. And I have high hopes for future volumes (as I'm currently one chapter in on Volume 2), mainly because I know the cast is going to get a lot bigger. Reiko has been a nice addition so far; looks like I have the hots for schoolgirls enforcing public morals.

As for that shonen... yeah. This is the last title I've yet to read from the Kodansha Humble Bundle batch. I like it so far, but it's pretty loud and obnoxious. Lots of characters fucking shit up and others reacting with crazy faces. I can only imagine what the anime adaptation is like, assuming they didn't tone that stuff down at least at first. And the art style reminds me a lot of One Piece, if only in how cartoony everything is, like a Western series.

Next up, I've bought the next two volumes of Quints, boldly moving from e-books to physical. So I guess you can look forward to my thoughts on that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guess I'll do a double post.

Bokura no Mahou Shounen 1 (reread)-3
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls After20 Vol. 1 (first two chapters are rereads)
The Quintessential Quintuplets 35-41
Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu 63-69

So many stories, so little time. But I don't have to recap all of them.

The first title is a crossdressing series I read the first chapter of back in 2018, and I didn't even track my manga back then. I thought it was too weird to appreciate, with an art style that that feels more like a western series, especially in regards to the petty villains, as well as the fact that... well, the main characters are pre-teens. Oh, and there's a lot of swearing, and I'm not sure if the underaged protags spouting much of it makes it better or worse. Just the thought of reading it again made me feel like I was going to be put on a list. But I felt obligated to, partially because the person translated it (whom specializes in this type of story) abruptly disappeared earlier this year. And they translated the Himegoto manga, which I consider my introduction to deep weeb shit. So it goes once more.

But yeah, getting back to Mahou Shounen, I like it. It's a little skeevy, mostly in Ch. 2 w/ Kaito's magical girl outfit turning into various fetish-ish get-ups (ending with a revealing and furry catgirl outfit), but better than I was expecting. It's going to be interesting to see where the plot goes, as the third chapter featured a falling out between Kaito and Makoto that I didn't get much enjoyment out of. At least they got back together again by the end. If the mangaka always wanted to use that plot, I guess it's good they got it out of the way early.

And then there's A20, which is about adult idols and food. That's basically it. Disappointed the guy I follow on Twitter who does lettering for hentai dropped this one after the two chapters I reread, even if I can't blame him. It was just nice seeing his splattery style applied to an all-ages series. Coming up next: more Quints, plus the first volume of Witch Hat Atelier. Without realizing it, I continue to pledge my allegiance to Kodansha Comics.

[whatever you do, take care of your shoes]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Witch Hat Atelier 7
Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu 85-94

As this thread goes, so does my effort. On the other hand, I'm not trying to shame anyone into posting here.

Coming up soon(?): the first volume of Delicious in Dungeon, because Right Stuf shined on me and got a new shipment in.