UnevenEdge

AS April Fools' Day 2017 Discussion Thread

Blatch

he's saying to watch the Twitter feed and weigh in on that "if you like what you see".

so - hmmm might be something new or experimental that they could establish or re-establish?  that may be what the Toonami comparison is about.

someone just suggested that the prank might be different for each show.

Like the Robot Chicken episode seems to be substituting robot voices for some of the characters.  there's chicken clucks instead of censor beeps.

So, as has been said, the prank is basically remixed audio tracks for each show.

Eh... it's okay. I would have preferred a gag where they threw out their lineup and aired crazy shit, but this is better than nothing.

And it's continuing into The Cleveland Show. I can only imagine the reactions of some people when they wake up in the middle of the night, hear the chicken clucks, and think they're tripping the fuck out. Maybe that's the intention?

I'm content with this prank; a nice throwback to the original mustache/fart pranks.

I've only seen through Robot Chicken and Mike Tyson so far, though. For the former, the robot voice for Inuyasha dad made that sketch better, but everything else was more mean-spirited than I remember. Mike Tyson was fucking magical, though; I'm showing that one to my parents.

[ogopogo!]

Got that right, until Midnight Eastern let alone Demarco is Blocking more people on Twitter as Time Warner wants them to do, just like Time Warner telling people to Vote for Clinton and not Sanders, ever since they shut the boards down, it seems Time Warner Legal has been cutting off people to talking to them, even when it is April Fools on this, which Favors the Corporations like Carols Jr. and Hardees which appears to have gotten new ads tonight.

I believe, unless I am mistaken, this is actually the first year they've carried over the prank.  Usually they do it on the night of the 31st at 12am when it clicks over to the 1st.  And then the evening of the 1st the normal block just runs.

I think this is the very first time they've actually carried it over to that 8-11:59pm section of the block on the 1st.

At any rate I would say this year:  mission accomplished Adult Swim.

I have been completely not paying attention to the block more or less since the boards went down (except for Toonami) and this got me back to checking their YouTube and stuff.  I'm like "holy shit On Cinema's started their new season" - they're like 3 eps in already and I didn't even notice. 

Also there's a bunch of pilots I never saw that aired in December that I want to catch up on now.

Also new Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell this week.

Got that right, until Midnight Eastern let alone Demarco is Blocking more people on Twitter as Time Warner wants them to do, just like Time Warner telling people to Vote for Clinton and not Sanders, ever since they shut the boards down, it seems Time Warner Legal has been cutting off people to talking to them, even when it is April Fools on this, which Favors the Corporations like Carols Jr. and Hardees which appears to have gotten new ads tonight.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?  -_'

RICK AND MORTY SEASON 3 STEALTH PREMIER!!!!!!!!

It didn't even click with me that this was a part of the prank until I kept hearing the same lines over and over again.  I, admittedly, only had adult swim on as background noise so I wasn't paying full attention to start with. 

I believe, unless I am mistaken, this is actually the first year they've carried over the prank.  Usually they do it on the night of the 31st at 12am when it clicks over to the 1st.  And then the evening of the 1st the normal block just runs.

I think this is the very first time they've actually carried it over to that 8-11:59pm section of the block on the 1st.

According to wikipedia 2007 had a similar split prank.