UnevenEdge

Invincible Fight Girl premieres on Toonami on November 2nd

One hour premiere on November 2nd on Toonami.

I’ll say I’m at least a little surprised Toonami gets the premieres instead of Thursday. Probably will get encores Fridays at 7pm like Superman did.

We know the first November show now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was hoping it would premiere opposite the second half of Kinnikuman Perfect Origin, or even funnier, the same night as Saturday Night’s Main Event in December.

Oh God, we’re going to have AEW talent advertising this show, aren’t we?  There goes my idea to have the promos for the show resemble pro wrestling promos.

Edited by Jman
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

One hour premiere on November 2nd on Toonami.

I’ll say I’m at least a little surprised Toonami gets the premieres instead of Thursday. Probably will get encores Fridays at 7pm like Superman did.

We know the first November show now.

The 1-hour premiere is an interesting development, since it implies an empty timeslot on November 9th. Hopefully that's gonna go to MHA S7.

This weekend we're up to 14-15 of S6, which has 25 episodes. With 10 left, there are a number of ways they can get there. It's a foregone conclusion, with extra long episodes of R&MTA, Uzumaki, and Demon Slayer, the 19th only gets 2. So running 4 episodes each the 26th and November 2nd seems most logical. But since if both nights are expanded to 4 AM, and there is a bonus hour on 11/2, it might make more sense to run only 2 episodes on 10/26 and 6 on 11/2, especially because an Uzumaki marathon would be longer than 2 hours, and they probably still plan on running DBZ Kai. So, we'd have IFG, OP×2, and MHA×6 from 12-4 AM on 11/2, and then MHA S7 would start 11/9 at 12:30, probably with double One Piece afterward.

Or, they COULD bring back IGPX REMASTERED for Season 2. That's ALSO an option!

• Like 1

Whats surprising about it? No one cares about this, no sense trying to cash in on Thursday with this one. 

This is disappointing, but not surprising news. Two more slots to deal with now.

Id say best case scenario, they drop MHA S7 in on the 9th for 12:30. How can they get there? It’s simple. Run IFG for an hour, then after that utilize DST to blast through what’s left of MHA. Normally, that would be a stupid idea, but when the block has no other noteworthy premiers, who cares? One Piece fans know they gotta pay back all those double ups so they will deal. So this will be 11/9

12 - IFG

12:30 - MHA S7

1 - One Piece

1:30 some rerun

2 - some rerun

2:30 - some rerun

Once again, utilize the DST change confusion to sneak in a a cut and get the block back to 3 hours. And solve the problem of needing 3 premier shows by simply deleting one of the open slots. If they are feeling generous, and have any extra ones in the tank, One Piece can always take 1:30 as well, up to how much they can spare before the Jan reset. Remember, there are only 6 regular Toonami nights left starting 11/9, so it isn’t that long for them to be in a holding pattern. 

Edited by Toonamiguy321
  • Like 1

See you say that but given how this adheres to the Twitter and Tumblr Approved Character Designs, you will have people marking out for what still looks like someone decided Tiger Mask W was “problematic” and made the socially acceptable version of it.  Honestly, with how badly their attempts at anime originals have panned out, this is quickly becoming their only source of steady programming.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Whats surprising about it? No one cares about this, no sense trying to cash in on Thursday with this one. 

This is disappointing, but not surprising news. Two more slots to deal with now.

Id say best case scenario, they drop MHA S7 in on the 9th for 12:30. How can they get there? It’s simple. Run IFG for an hour, then after that utilize DST to blast through what’s left of MHA. Normally, that would be a stupid idea, but when the block has no other noteworthy premiers, who cares? One Piece fans know they gotta pay back all those double ups so they will deal. So this will be 11/9

12 - IFG

12:30 - MHA S7

1 - One Piece

1:30 some rerun

2 - some rerun

2:30 - some rerun

Once again, utilize the DST change confusion to sneak in a a cut and get the block back to 3 hours. And solve the problem of needing 3 premier shows by simply deleting one of the open slots. If they are feeling generous, and have any extra ones in the tank, One Piece can always take 1:30 as well, up to how much they can spare before the Jan reset. Remember, there are only 6 regular Toonami nights left starting 11/9, so it isn’t that long for them to be in a holding pattern. 

Like I said the only somewhat surprising thing is Toonami didn’t just get the encore. That was always in question.

• Like 1

Oh look, it's the show we all expected to be the November premiere. But at this time, it doubles as damage control.

It would be nice if we got a "race to the finish" MHA S6 marathon on Daylight Savings Night, Season 7 premiering the next week, IGPX Season 2 filling a rerun slot, AND a third batch of new episodes at 1 AM. But at this point in the year, it's best to just be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm admittedly annoyed by the series, but I think it's because it falls into so many of the checkboxes of modern pseudo-anime from the West that it's getting obnoxious.  Pseudo-anime in general seems to be losing popularity among casual viewers depending on the art style, with the Kong show from Powerhouse falling flat on its face and Tomb Raider on Netflix failing to make the Top 10 opposite DanDaDan, which did despite being a weekly release.  I'd probably be less annoyed if it weren't on Adult Swim.

Still, people are looking for the real thing.  

ars04851.tifx_0.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sketch said:

I also want it to succeed and wish the premieres were on CN or at least at 7pm on Friday (probably will encore there though).

Its stupid that they threw this to Adult Swim and I strongly doubt it will get renewed but here's hoping for a miracle.

I’m starting to think projects they don’t expect to renew will get the Toonami premiere but ones that have potential go to Thursday 

I’m on the Jman team here, I want this to flop for two reasons. One, so it goes away, and second, as Jman said, it’s yet another western project that has no original ideas of its own and it just going to rip off anime for 10 episodes. The west needs to get out of this rut. 

The lead also seems like she is going to be insufferable. 

1 hour ago, brianycpht said:

I’m starting to think projects they don’t expect to renew will get the Toonami premiere but ones that have potential go to Thursday 

Well, Superman got to premier S2 on Toonami and got a 2 season renewal out of the deal. I’m thinking IFG is just something they do not care about at all so they are tossing it to Toonami as late year slot coverage. 

3 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I’m on the Jman team here, I want this to flop for two reasons. One, so it goes away, and second, as Jman said, it’s yet another western project that has no original ideas of its own and it just going to rip off anime for 10 episodes. The west needs to get out of this rut. 

The lead also seems like she is going to be insufferable. 

Well, Superman got to premier S2 on Toonami and got a 2 season renewal out of the deal. I’m thinking IFG is just something they do not care about at all so they are tossing it to Toonami as late year slot coverage. 

It actually benefited Superman because I think they had mentally wrote if off when deciding to give it to Toonami 

3 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

It actually benefited Superman because I think they had mentally wrote if off when deciding to give it to Toonami 

I feel like for better or for worse that show ran on “Do the opposite of Snyder” and got a fanbase off of that.  But that got a Thursday release.  For better or for worse, it was also Superman, probably one of the most recognizable fictional characters in the entire world.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

I had seen the staff kinda tempering expectations on there being more before it premiered, so I think even they didn’t know. The final episode is also written in a very “this is the last episode” kind of way.  Superman and Toonami go together, I don’t know why they thought this show couldn’t stand on the block. 

57 minutes ago, Jman said:

I feel like for better or for worse that show ran on “Do the opposite of Snyder” and got a fanbase off of that.  But that got a Thursday release.  For better or for worse, it was also Superman, probably one of the most recognizable fictional characters in the entire world.

People have been wanting a return to this for a long time. The ol “what if Superman was actually a dick” thing ran its course. Technically, MAWS is supposed to be Lois Lanes show, featuring special guest star Superman and Jimmy, but it still feels like it’s Superman’s show where he gets to be a good boy and help people. 

I don’t expect the staff to do a Jack S5 pivot, but I do expect the staff to use slight increase in freedom for the new seasons. Some aspects, such as the junior reporter team, feel like aspects added to the show purely because it was going to be a kids show. Max still wants it on the kids section, but I don’t think they run as tight of a ship as CN. 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, unlike Superman, IFG doesn’t have any long term fans showing up to give it a chance, or willing to look past some of the more childish aspects. So it’s gonna need some kind of miracle to gain enough traction for an S2. 

$5 says this special is introduced by AEW wrestlers.

I’m also pretty convinced I’d be on a normal level of dislike for this show rather than full bore chugging Hatorade if I hadn’t watched the new Kinnikuman arc during the summer.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jman said:

I’m also pretty convinced I’d be on a normal level of dislike for this show rather than full bore chugging Hatorade if I hadn’t watched the new Kinnikuman arc during the summer.

That’s even more out of place than on Toonami. Do they think people won’t notice this is a kids show? 

5 hours ago, Jman said:

Woah, that's a throwback to the AT&T years! For a while they'd cross-promote TBS shows by putting premiere episodes on [as] and maybe vice-versa.