UnevenEdge

Rick and Morty the anime drops full trailer, August 15 release date

Here's the Collider article:

https://collider.com/rick-and-morty-anime-trailer/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2hh_caYUeN27OrpqTlAu0muMIDbCIuwgtBoNrKPf7jnTL9PmQolDmE4OI_aem_DIV2F2Zl2eKaocBKTnIGPQ

WTF!? Starting Toonami with a SUBTITLED R&M at Midnight!? Never thought I'd see the day. Bold strategy, but I guess it COULD pay off, especially if the encore of the dub winds up at 3 AM, or perhaps earlier leading the reruns.

It will not pay off. This will be a disaster or at least it would be if the ratings could get much lower.

The dub and (probably) sub will be on Max on Friday so this might not even be premiere for the sub.

Programming and/or DeMarco are off their rocker if they think this was the best way to air this show that is already a hard sell to Toonami viewers and Rick & Morty fans.

And maybe WBD don’t even have much faith in it given they cheaped out on the dub and didn’t even use the current Rick & Morty voices. Needed the extra scratch for the pointless promotion tour I guess.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

It will not pay off. This will be a disaster or at least it would be if the ratings could get much lower.

The dub and (probably) sub will be on Max on Friday so this might not even be premiere for the sub.

Programming and/or DeMarco are off their rocker if they think this was the best way to air this show that is already a hard sell to Toonami viewers and Rick & Morty fans.

And maybe WBD don’t even have much faith in it given they cheaped out on the dub and didn’t even use the current Rick & Morty voices. Needed the extra scratch for the pointless promotion tour I guess.

Oh don’t you worry, there is still plenty of room to fall. Superman has been chilling pretty comfortably between 170-200k. We could see high end 130-140k numbers, or if it really turns people off we might even see double digits at midnight. 

Especially if there are no acquired shows to go along with this. One Piece and Naruto aren’t worth sitting through a bad subbed show. I’d even argue Demon Slayer alone probably isn’t enough to salvage this since so many people watched ahead. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did they watch the show and think Rick is supposed to be a good grandpa or did they just not watch the show?

I haven't even really liked Rick and Morty since the first season, and this feels like something that should be its own thing.

2 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Did they watch the show and think Rick is supposed to be a good grandpa or did they just not watch the show?

I haven't even really liked Rick and Morty since the first season, and this feels like something that should be its own thing.

The previous specials have this particular Rick playing the part of grumpy patriarch more than abusive drunk.  He’s still Rick but is a bit more sympathetic than American Rick.

7 minutes ago, Jman said:

The previous specials have this particular Rick playing the part of grumpy patriarch more than abusive drunk.  He’s still Rick but is a bit more sympathetic than American Rick.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

This looks like an action-drama with reused character designs and iconography. What's the point of using R&M if they're just doing the DC × RWBY shit?

8 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

This looks like an action-drama with reused character designs and iconography. What's the point of using R&M if they're just doing the DC × RWBY shit?

It looks like someone wanted to do an action show but with the R&M cast. The actual lore isn’t relevant. For example, we see Jerry in his orb power suit from the Pissmaster episode. Likely just to give Jerry a place in the action. 

There isn’t a point. It’s a popular title and making popular title into DA ANNIE-MAY is the hot meme right now.