UnevenEdge

Hurricane Beryl

Posted (edited)

Beryl can't possibly be a real name. 

Scientist 1: "What do you want to call this hurricane?"

Scientist 2: Oh, I dobe care, I just wanna get outta here so I can go hobe and nurse this cold. How about Hurricabe Beryl?"

Scientist 1: "Really, Beryl? Alright, I'll alert the media."

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Scientist 2: Oh, I dobe care, I just wanna get outta here so I can go hobe and nurse this cold. How about Hurricabe Beryl?"

Clearly you didn't watch Sailor Moon, Beryl is definitely a real name 

queen-beryl.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I've met at least one Beryl irl.  It's actually a gemstone -an aquamarine is one particular form of beryl (and why the name appears in Sailor Moon) - so it's a name you would give to someone precious to you.  As such and as is generally the case with the naming convention for destructive storms, it's rather ironic that a name meant to impart endearment is being used to describe a something so apathetically deadly.

9 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

pfft. if one does NOT commit to this 'hail to the hurricaine gods/esses' (pun absolutely intended), then what is one actually doing, but allowing history to be lost. 

GMan doesn't worship the hurricane, the hurricane worships him.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Update: Mom and I are fine. We have two generators. One of them is currently running, and the other is an emergency backup/spare one for another family member. Luckily, my grandfather in Deer Park has power. If we don’t get power back on over here the next couple days, we may need to go over there to take showers and stuff. We really don’t have enough water pressure to justify doing that over here at the moment.

Also, my big brother Jamie and his family across the street are fine as well. In fact, they have their own generator.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Update: Mom and I are fine. We have two generators. One of them is currently running, and the other is an emergency backup/spare one for another family member. Luckily, my grandfather in Deer Park has power. If we don’t get power back on over here the next couple days, we may need to go over there to take showers and stuff. We really don’t have enough water pressure to justify doing that over here at the moment.

Also, my big brother Jamie and his family across the street are fine as well. In fact, they have their own generator.

Good, man

• Thanks 1

I have another update! WE HAVE POWER! That’s right. Power came back on a couple hours ago. The only thing that would make this even better would be if we got Internet access back as well. But that’s OK. I still have my phone.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, discolé monade said:

pfft. if one does NOT commit to this 'hail to the hurricaine gods/esses' (pun absolutely intended), then what is one actually doing, but allowing history to be lost. 

I hear the next one is gonna be the best

>.>