UnevenEdge

Israel: Another look at certain events in the news.

...taking four to safety out of central Gaza amid the military’s heavy air and ground assault.

At least 94 dead Palestinians, including children, were brought to local hospitals, a health official said

A baby was among the dead. Small children wailed, covered in blood. Bodies were placed on the ground outside, their feet bare, as more wounded were rushed in. Neighboring Egypt condemned “with the strongest terms” Israel’s attacks on the Nuseirat refugee camp, with its foreign ministry calling it a “flagrant violation of all rules of international law.” Neighboring Jordan also condemned it.
  • Like 1

The world tsk tsking Israel in this instance while letting Hamas off the hook for putting civilians in harm’s way is a little shocking, honestly.   UN calling out war crimes and people saying the mission was appalling is also telling. What exactly should have happened here?  Gaza is one of the most densely populated regions in the world.  The only thing Israel could have done was not do the air strikes while they were doing the raid, but aside from that idk.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m not accusing you of anything. in both threads, aside from MD, it’s all pretty negative as though rescuing hostages shouldn’t happen because of the high loss of life.  All I’m saying is that in this specific instance idk what the world wanted Israel to do. I posted that other article as an example of where the discourse is going. I hear a lot of “anti Zionism isn’t anti semitism” I generally agree with that but it’s important to show who anti Zionists are in bed with.  

gotcha gotcha gotcha

this is the problem with the u.s. getting involved where it absolutely has no business because of the decades of "investments" 

XD i saw i gave you dangly bits. 

it helps when i put on my glasses and put down the bowl. 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, discolé monade said:

gotcha gotcha gotcha

this is the problem with the u.s. getting involved where it absolutely has no business because of the decades of "investments" 

XD i saw i gave you dangly bits. 

it helps when i put on my glasses and put down the bowl. 

I thought you did on purpose which is cool but i edited the post cuz I was getting exasperated at the misunderstanding 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The world tsk tsking Israel in this instance while letting Hamas off the hook for putting civilians in harm’s way is a little shocking, honestly.   UN calling out war crimes and people saying the mission was appalling is also telling. What exactly should have happened here?  Gaza is one of the most densely populated regions in the world.  The only thing Israel could have done was not do the air strikes while they were doing the raid, but aside from that idk.  

Since I've been memeing pretty hard, it's all directed at MD's scummy pro-genocide propaganda shitposts. I don't think Israel is wrong for fighting Hamas. I do think they're wrong for taking actions which have no consideration for civilians.

I've been in a bad mood over all my financial ruin and needed to take the piss out of a smooth brained knuckle dragger. I'm just blowing off steam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Just now, naraku360 said:

Since I've been memeing pretty hard, it's all directed at MD's scummy pro-genocide propaganda shitposts. I don't think Israel is wrong for fighting Hamas. I do think they're wrong for taking actions which have no consideration for civilians.

I've been in a bad mood over all my financial ruin and needed to take the piss out of a smooth brained knuckle dragger. I'm just blowing off steam.

Yeah, I get that. This site and you guys are pretty great actually. The rest of the internet and a lot of the outside is a cesspool.  MD is bringing that out in people because she’s coming from the Israel didn’t do anything wrong camp. I am not in that camp. That’s crazy camp 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I guess I blew off some steam in this thread too. I felt more comfortable because there wasn’t a ton of shit posts denying Palestinians are human.  I felt like I’m the other thread if I was seen as defending Israel I’d be mistaken for an MD because I’m not 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I guess you blew off some steam in this thread too. I felt more comfortable because there wasn’t a ton of shit posts denying Palestinians are human.  I felt like I’m the other thread if I was seen as defending Israel I’d be mistaken for an MD because I’m not 

Yeah, I put my lowest hanging fruit here since I wanted to be a bit more haha she's dumb away from her and the more aggressive (and argumentative) scathing to her directly.

You've been sensible on it, so I wouldn't have mistaken you for being a Netanyahu leghumper. It's just frustrating how she frames everything in that thread and flings baseless pro-Hamas allegations at anyone that calls out her gross behavior. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Yeah, I put my lowest hanging fruit here since I wanted to be a bit more haha she's dumb away from her and the more aggressive (and argumentative) scathing to her directly.

You've been sensible on it, so I wouldn't have mistaken you for being a Netanyahu leghumper. It's just frustrating how she frames everything in that thread and flings baseless pro-Hamas allegations at anyone that calls out her gross behavior. 

I hate that and how baselessly the word antisemitism has been thrown around. Criticizing Netanyahu and the huge human toll isn’t being antisemitic. That pro Hamas shit needs to stop too especially when people are protesting for a ceasefire. It’s meant to shut the any and all conversation and I hate that. It also overshadows real cases of antisemitism like in NYC.  Protesters vandalized the president of the Jewish museum’s home and vandalized the museum. There was also an incident on the subway where some protesters were asking for Zionists to raise their hands.   People have really lost their fuckin minds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I guess you blew off some steam in this thread too. I felt more comfortable because there wasn’t a ton of shit posts denying Palestinians are human.  I felt like I’m the other thread if I was seen as defending Israel I’d be mistaken for an MD because I’m not 

and i don't mind the blowing of said steam. i guess, and i have to remember that this is actually a safe'ish thread. as safe as can be, for u.s. citizens to sit back and analyze what's coming down the pipeline, about another country that's been 'war'ing' since 30bce. iono. 

i am just trying to post from multiple, and hopefully, not terribly, biased or false news. 

mercury must be drinking gatorade. 

• Like 3

If Netanyahu thinks we've been holding things back, maybe we should show him exactly what holding things back actually looks like. They've broken the rules for our providing aid, we are well within our rights to withhold all aid at this time. 

Maybe give him a consolation box of Band-Aides. 

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

What a surprise.  Netanyahu is finally approaching the point where he can't bullshit his way out of consequences, and it's just a matter of how ugly his downfall becomes at this point.  It's just a shame that so many people had to be ruthlessly slaughtered for it to happen.

Security officials were caught off-guard on Sunday when Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu publicly announced a list of “nonnegotiables” for the ongoing hostage negotiations with Hamas, Hebrew media reported Monday.

just a reminder of past events:

"

On 28 February 2019, the Israeli attorney general announced his intent to file indictments against Netanyahu on bribe and fraud charges in three different cases.[230] Netanyahu was formally indicted on 21 November 2019.[231][232][233] If Netanyahu is convicted, he could face up to 10 years in prison for bribery and a maximum of three years for fraud and breach of trust.[234][235] He is the first sitting prime minister in Israel's history to be charged with a crime.[15] On 23 November 2019, it was announced that Netanyahu, in compliance with legal precedent set by the Israeli Supreme Court in 1993,[16] would relinquish his agriculture, health, social affairs and diaspora affairs portfolios.[16][17] The matter of forcing a prime minister to resign due to an indictment has yet to be tested in court.[16][17] He was officially charged on 28 January 2020.[236]

Netanyahu's criminal trial was set to begin on 24 May 2020, having been initially scheduled for March of that year but delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[237] As of April 2023, the criminal trial was still ongoing.[238]

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

Security officials were caught off-guard on Sunday when Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu publicly announced a list of “nonnegotiables” for the ongoing hostage negotiations with Hamas, Hebrew media reported Monday.

just a reminder of past events:

"

On 28 February 2019, the Israeli attorney general announced his intent to file indictments against Netanyahu on bribe and fraud charges in three different cases.[230] Netanyahu was formally indicted on 21 November 2019.[231][232][233] If Netanyahu is convicted, he could face up to 10 years in prison for bribery and a maximum of three years for fraud and breach of trust.[234][235] He is the first sitting prime minister in Israel's history to be charged with a crime.[15] On 23 November 2019, it was announced that Netanyahu, in compliance with legal precedent set by the Israeli Supreme Court in 1993,[16] would relinquish his agriculture, health, social affairs and diaspora affairs portfolios.[16][17] The matter of forcing a prime minister to resign due to an indictment has yet to be tested in court.[16][17] He was officially charged on 28 January 2020.[236]

Netanyahu's criminal trial was set to begin on 24 May 2020, having been initially scheduled for March of that year but delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[237] As of April 2023, the criminal trial was still ongoing.[238]

So this is a delay tactic?

33 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow that bitch is fuckin gross but it’s not surprising at all that she would say shit like that 

I’m slow… but why would she be so vocally anti Israeli if she’s supposed to be Trump’s future DEI side piece?  Is it some kind of stupid false flag to get conservatives to rally for Netanyahu?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I’m slow… but why would she be so vocally anti Israeli if she’s supposed to be Trump’s future DEI side piece?  Is it some kind of stupid false flag to get conservatives to rally for Netanyahu?

She's been dropping antisemitic rhetoric for years, even before the recent conflict even broke out. Before Kanye or Kyrie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Trump probably hates the jews more than he loves brown-nosing Netanyahu.

Somehow I wouldn't be shocked if he still hasn't put Israel and Jews together yet.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

She's been dropping antisemitic rhetoric for years, even before the recent conflict even broke out. Before Kanye or Kyrie.

Oh I know she’s an antisemite.  She’s just being a bigot at the wrong time.  Supposed to keep the Jew hatred under wraps until the election is over.  Now someone is going to have to do a little false flag op to get the heat off.  Lol.

• Like 1