UnevenEdge

Lycoris Recoil Episode #8 "Another Day, Another Dollar" Discussion!!

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

b74.thumb.jpg.8d512ba8f94811968e492b9adb28bfac.jpg

Dem thighs!

But nope, no fan service to be see, here, so says ANN and MAL!

Legs for days haha and what do you mean? This show is known for its subtle and not so subtle fan service hahahah

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Haha 1

Finally the physical.

Aahhh hell the nurse kidnapped Chisato!  You bitch, don't touch her!

You're behind this?  Wow Yoshi you bastard scumbag!  Yeah, Mika really should have killed you.

She didn't answer!  Hurry Takina!

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Legs for days haha and what do you mean? This show is known for its subtle and not so subtle fan service hahahah

Yeah, those sites are full of it, not putting the fan service tag, haha.  Sure it's not gratuitous as other shows, but still.  

• Like 1

as a small child i was so afraid of needles that i was a REAL PROBLEM at the doctor's office. like. they had to chase me and hold me down while i would scream and cry. and it went on for more years than i care to admit.

the first covid shot went so smoothly and with so little pain that i was retroactively embarrassed at how dramatic i ha been as a kid.

but the second shot (the booster) actually stung a lot after i was sure i'd be fine. 

and then, i had a blood test a year later and it was so fucking painful! and the vein kept moving, so they had to stick me three times... i'm sorry child me. they got us.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

So Chisato is literally Mira from Dimension W :D 😎

Omake+Gif+Anime+-+Dimension+W+-+Episode+

14229.gif

animesher.com_gif-dimension-w-anime-2016

Well, I don't think Chisato is an android, but she doesn't a heartbeat, so I don't know.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

as a small child i was so afraid of needles that i was a REAL PROBLEM at the doctor's office. like. they had to chase me and hold me down while i would scream and cry. and it went on for more years than i care to admit.

the first covid shot went so smoothly and with so little pain that i was retroactively embarrassed at how dramatic i ha been as a kid.

but the second shot (the booster) actually stung a lot after i was sure i'd be fine. 

and then, i had a blood test a year later and it was so fucking painful! and the vein kept moving, so they had to stick me three times... i'm sorry child me. they got us.

When I was little I used to hate it because the doctor would always try and get me to NOT look at it. But the shock of it was what I really hated over any pain haha I used to have to beg him to left me watch it happen, as knowing when it was coming and see it happen made it much easier for me. Even as an adult, things are less painful and discomforting for me if I can see them happen or look at the aftermath. Haha weird, I know. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Okay, so I binged this once, and while it is not a fave or anything, I quite liked it! 

Same, it had its flaws like pacing and flow and sometimes the action was jumpy even though the animation was very good (I think due to the director not really having a lot of action show experience), but I quite liked it, especially the fun interactions between Mira and Mabuchi, especially their banter in the first half working and getting to know each other, very Roger and Dorothy.

ee0f083e661395a8ff611c4afeeb507c9e01ee4a

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah, those sites are full of it, not putting the fan service tag, haha.  Sure it's not gratuitous as other shows, but still.  

Everyone knows that MAL and ANN are like corrupt media of anime lmao

• Haha 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Same, it had its flaws like pacing and flow and sometimes the action was jumpy even though the animation was very good (I think due to the director not really having a lot of action show experience), but I quite liked it, especially the fun interactions between Mira and Mabuchi, especially their banter in the first half working and getting to know each other, very Roger and Dorothy.

I might give it a rewatch haha I have already forgotten a lot of it. In recent years there is so much anime out there now, that I tend for half forget some of the stuff I watch, especially if I binge it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well, I don't think Chisato is an android, but she doesn't a heartbeat, so I don't know.  

Yeah, probably, but seeing that shot of her "heart" glowing I was just enjoying suddenly realizing a lot of the similarities. :D 

• Like 1

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

I might give it a rewatch haha I have already forgotten a lot of it. In recent years there is so much anime out there now, that I tend for half forget some of the stuff I watch, especially if I binge it. 

Yeah, I don't remember much either I think, just little bits of scenes and that neat instrumental ending credits theme they made for Toonami.

My memory is basically that I recall it felt surprisingly loose for a relatively short show and that from what I remember I thought their partnership was a really cool draw.

This is like straight outta Big O lol.

14219.gif

tumblr_o0r2p6BwOX1s21xzoo1_540.gif

🤣

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Not a bad setup and start, but went off the rails after a while.  I did find out that they crammed something like 85 chapters into the anime, so that probably didn't help.  It probably won't get a remake, unfortunately.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Not a bad setup and start, but went off the rails after a while.  I did find out that they crammed something like 85 chapters into the anime, so that probably didn't help.  It probably won't get a remake, unfortunately.

Yeah, I remember finding that out too, I want to read the manga eventually to see the rest since I agree it seems highly unlike it'll ever get a remake with the full story.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 1:50 AM, ben0119 said:

I really enjoy the series despite its major flaws but it really would have benefited from more episodes, like 24 instead of 12. The cramming of so many chapters into one short season gave the back half a slight Inuyasha Final Act/Promised Neverland Season 2 vibe. Those last 3 episodes in particular throws so much info, plot development , and twists at you so fast that you have almost no time to absorb it all the first time around.

Edited by AnimationFan14
  • Thanks 1