UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba Episode #42 - Entertainment District Arc Episode 9 "Defeating An Upper-Rank Demon" on Toonami Discussion!!!

All good things must come to an end, and even the best of the best of demons must meet its match someday.

Speaking of good things coming to an end, the Entertainment District Arc only has 3 episodes left, so enjoy them while you can! 12:30 AM tomorrow night, ONLY TOONAMI!!

• Like 3

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

His women certainly are.. endowed haha 

I must say all things considered, their designs are really well done. Impressive balance of unique but subtle distinctness, cuteness, and athleticism

• Like 2

Tanjiro combined both styles?  Nicely done.

What are Inosuke and Zenitsu doing right now?

It would be easier for Tanjiro to fight if he could set Nezuko down somwhere.  I guess that would be too risky?

You cut to commercial right there, really?!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

His women certainly are.. endowed haha 

Their outfits and the way they were seated, haha.  Kind of distracted from the somber graveyard visitation. 😄

Edited by ben0119
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I really hate how Tenjiro is always monologueing and narrating ever step of the way..

Maybe he's just one who talks a lot in his head.

Still can't believe this, but I learned a year or so ago that some people don't have an internal monolog.  Wonder what they think of all the characters thinking to themselves in anime, movies etc haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

its a lil much sometimes

I am just a fan of show don't tell. My favorite manga are ones where scenes or even entire chapters have barely any dialog. I think the constant monologueing is just from a lot of battle shonen, though I still enjoy a lot of it haha 

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Still can't believe this, but I learned a year or so ago that some people don't have an internal monolog.  Wonder what they think of all the characters thinking to themselves in anime, movies etc haha.

I do not really think it terms of words a lot, but usually more in terms of images, concepts and patterns haha though, if I am trying to visualize actually talking I certainly can hear it in my head lmao 

Edited by atomicinumatt

He blocked?!  Daaaammnnn iiiit!

Wow Zenitsu figured something out that Tengen didn't.  Just make sure the two aren't connected and you don't have to behead the two of them at the same time.

Yeah, get outta there Hinatsaru!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Did you read that article too? I read it like a moth ago and it kind of blew my mind. It touched on other ways that perceptions of the world are vastly different from one person to the next. Shit I never even considered that has far reaching implications. It sounded like a good bit of the research was prompted by that internet blue/gold dress phenomenon.

The idea that some people don't have an internal reading voice or voice at all is wild.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1

Awesome combo move there.

Ran straight at her with no defense and used a sawing motion. 

I've got her head.  I'm going to take it away so she can't stick it back on. 🤣

Is that all you've got, you suck now. 🤣

Nooooo Inosuke!  Well, I don't see how he can survive that.  Stabbed through the chest and possibly heart, with poison, to top it all off.

Tengen lost a hand and was defeated?!

Unless this is just Tanjiro imagining worse case scenario or something, things are looking pretty bad.  Well, going by the preview, looks like it actually happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

I know I talk in my head a lot, probably too much lol.

I really only do it when I am trying to imagine myself talking haha my mind usually races in billion directions, too fast for me to have conversation or internal monologue lmao 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I do not really think it terms of words a lot, but usually more in terms of images, concepts and patterns haha though, if I am trying to visualize actually talking I certainly can hear it in my head lmao 

Yeah.  I don't use the internal monologue all the time.  Sometimes I'll just do stuff without it.  Still crazy to think some don't have it at all, haha.

Great episode, even if it ended on the WORST cliffhanger!!

Anime News Network is down, so I guess I'll just have to tell y'all what they thought about it later!

Oh, it DID actually show up...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-entertainment-district-arc/episode-9/.182051

3.5 🌗

Better than that!