UnevenEdge

Hey...

4 hours ago, SnapItCrackItPopIt said:

I just learned Saddy passed away from cancer last summer. Wow, just wow. I really fucking hate cancer. That shit sucks donkey balls.

Yes, it really was. She wasn't posting much before she passed, but there was comfort knowing she was but a click away. Now, things just aren't the same. Also, I'm so terribly sorry you lost your mother. I know what it's like losing a parent. It's soulcrushing. I lost my dad in April 2017, and even though the passage of time has eased the pain in some ways, it still hurts tremendously. If you want to talk about it, my PM's are always open.

Finally, I'm officially divorced. (It was finalized the last Friday of October last year.) The lesson I've learned is this: Toxic people truly do suck ass.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

first off sorry for your lost I i also lost a loved one in 2021

Well, I'm not posting about North Korea every two weeks That's a great thing.

Also I am doing okay and I'm in a bit of a slump myself but hey I'm digging my ass out of it

Edited by ghostrek
  • Like 1

I'm very sorry to hear about everything and you have my condolences, but also welcome back.

We're still in the business of general nostalgia, even if the anniversary is over. I know we have a boardiversary thread in .com and we may also still have a shout out or general nostalgia thread (can't remember but at work and trying to be quick) for that type of stuff.

6 hours ago, SnapItCrackItPopIt said:

and me turning to the ASMB (and the internet in general) looking for friends to talk with about anime

Someone from the old boards told me a long time ago that the reason we'd all stuck around that long (at the time) was because "we were all broken."

They didn't mean that in a negative way, but rather we all had a hole in our lives, whether socially, family emotionally, or otherwise, and this community in one way or another somehow managed to fill that void in our lives.

I tend to think that it's probably true, and I think that it's all the more reason to want to keep this place around. Traffic ebs and flows from month to month, but people keep coming back whether routinely or just from time to time because they have that connection.

There's definitely value here even if we're a bunch of grumpy old farts, and I guess that's all I'm trying to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/23/2024 at 3:15 PM, Raptorpat said:

I'm very sorry to hear about everything and you have my condolences, but also welcome back.

We're still in the business of general nostalgia, even if the anniversary is over. I know we have a boardiversary thread in .com and we may also still have a shout out or general nostalgia thread (can't remember but at work and trying to be quick) for that type of stuff.

Someone from the old boards told me a long time ago that the reason we'd all stuck around that long (at the time) was because "we were all broken."

They didn't mean that in a negative way, but rather we all had a hole in our lives, whether socially, family emotionally, or otherwise, and this community in one way or another somehow managed to fill that void in our lives.

I tend to think that it's probably true, and I think that it's all the more reason to want to keep this place around. Traffic ebs and flows from month to month, but people keep coming back whether routinely or just from time to time because they have that connection.

There's definitely value here even if we're a bunch of grumpy old farts, and I guess that's all I'm trying to say.

Speak for yourself. I feel like I'm in my prime.