UnevenEdge

Amazon begins beta testing humanoid robots to replace human workers since robots won’t ask for bathroom breaks

Jman

Whenever one of these reports pops up, I'm reminded of the episode of '9-1-1' where the warehouse worker needed to use the bathroom badly, the supervisor had locked the bathroom doors due to 'excessive use by employees', so the dude ends up pissing on one of the warehouse autobots. The bot short-circuits and starts stalking the guy around the warehouse due to his badge being the last thing the bot scanned and then the bot runs the guy over and parks on him. The paramedics laid into the supervisor for locking up the restroom and refusing employees the ability to access the squatter.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Whenever one of these reports pops up, I'm reminded of the episode of '9-1-1' where the warehouse worker needed to use the bathroom badly, the supervisor had locked the bathroom doors due to 'excessive use by employees', so the dude ends up pissing on one of the warehouse autobots. The bot short-circuits and starts stalking the guy around the warehouse due to his badge being the last thing the bot scanned and then the bot runs the guy over and parks on him. The paramedics laid into the supervisor for locking up the restroom and refusing employees the ability to access the squatter.  

That sounds like a good show 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

That sounds like a good show 

I was bored one day and the only thing on worth checking out was a '9-1-1' marathon on USA. Turned out to be highly addictive but I only catch it when its in marathon mode on either USA or WE tv. Major trigger warnings though. While there are the lighter things like the revenge seeking piss-bot, there are also things dealing with suicide, domestic violence, and basically any horrible thing you can think of that someone might do to someone else or have happen to them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I was bored one day and the only thing on worth checking out was a '9-1-1' marathon on USA. Turned out to be highly addictive but I only catch it when its in marathon mode on either USA or WE tv. Major trigger warnings though. While there are the lighter things like the revenge seeking piss-bot, there are also things dealing with suicide, domestic violence, and basically any horrible thing you can think of that someone might do to someone else or have happen to them. 

Ooooh hmm, that might rule it out. I am getting so soft in my old age.

So as to not derail this thread completely, here is a clip from that episode this topic reminded me of. Spoilered because there is medical gore during the extraction in the warehouse. The end of the clip thankfully doesn't include all the things that occurred after but illustrates my whole trigger warning thing which covers all the things.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

I peek at the show sometimes, but I'm afraid of fully getting into it because I don't want to get crushed by a bad ending for Maddie/Chimney after what they went through. The pandemic has made me intolerant towards that stuff and procedurals are big offenders when it comes to killing off couples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1