UnevenEdge

I just got a CRT TV/VCR combo for $20.

Greeny

2 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I actually want a CRT too. Playing old game consoles on current TVs hurts my eyes.

It's blurrier than I remember but that could just be this particular tv. It definitely needs adjusted but it didn't come with the remote and there's no menu button on the tv itself. It still looks way better than on an HDTV. And the cgi movies in FF8 and 9 look great.

• Like 1

Recently got a CRT with a VCR/DVD combo off Craigslist  for $25 and everything works so I was stoked. Happy to hear you got one, as well. I love old media and have several hundred VHS tapes, including a ton from Japan. Even got a refurbished Sony VCR from a Japan for cheap at a great price. Really want to get one of those weird Blu Ray/DVD/VHS players and a laserdisc player, too. 

Gotten really lazy with it lately but I was preserving old media and want to continue doing so. Got tons of stuff that's not available anymore, some not even as rips or anything. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GunStarHero said:

Recently got a CRT with a VCR/DVD combo off Craigslist  for $25 and everything works so I was stoked. Happy to hear you got one, as well. I love old media and have several hundred VHS tapes, including a ton from Japan. Even got a refurbished Sony VCR from a Japan for cheap at a great price. Really want to get one of those weird Blu Ray/DVD/VHS players and a laserdisc player, too. 

Gotten really lazy with it lately but I was preserving old media and want to continue doing so. Got tons of stuff that's not available anymore, some not even as rips or anything. 

I'm not that hardcore but it'll be nice to play older games on once I get it adjusted.

I got rid of all my old VHS tapes a long time ago. Once my grandparents gave me a TiVo for Christmas one year, it was out with the VCR. I haven't looked back.

As soon as I got a Blu-ray player, I retired my old DVD player. I like to keep current with technology to a point, but I also make that shit last. I still don't own any game systems newer than the original Wii and mostly play PC games these days.

9 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I got rid of all my old VHS tapes a long time ago. Once my grandparents gave me a TiVo for Christmas one year, it was out with the VCR. I haven't looked back.

As soon as I got a Blu-ray player, I retired my old DVD player. I like to keep current with technology to a point, but I also make that shit last. I still don't own any game systems newer than the original Wii and mostly play PC games these days.

I built my first PC a few years ago. And I still bought a PS5 for some reason.