UnevenEdge

Fantasy Football 2023-24

scoobdog

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Draft is complete.  Time to talk shop.

Oh look!

I didn't even know I was in it and one of my WR is already questionable

and Deshaun Watson for QB?

It's 2023 and Nazis are relevant again, lets not pretend like a NFL'ers first 20 sexual misconduct settlements being freebies surprises anyone

In other news, just when I thought the man who is insanely gifted at football and absolutely nothing else would no longer cross my timeline....

Rodgers pops in because he's literally gargling some tennis player's nuts and licking the ground he walks on for not being vaccinated

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I kind of forgot about it too.  All of the sudden I’m getting alerts and I’m like “oh right.  That’s today.”

I somehow got Matthew Stanford as a backup.

I'll trade you a semi functioning vending machine for a roll of duct tape 

that may tide my receiving corps over until week 4 

• Like 1

May I just say that I'm leading my matchup by a huge margin with all but one of my starters playing right now, and it could've been even worse if I had started the Texans defense as well as a couple other players? lol Wow.

Oh, yeah. @CountFrylock: Tell me you started Tank Dell this week. (You know, since you picked him up before I even had the chance to do so heading into Week 3. lol) He just scored a touchdown against Jacksonville.

Edited by Gemini

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

May I just say that I'm leading my matchup by a huge margin with all but one of my starters playing right now, and it could've been even worse if I had started the Texans defense as well as a couple other players? lol Wow.

Oh, yeah. @CountFrylock: Tell me you started Tank Dell this week. (You know, since you picked him up before I even had the chance to do so heading into Week 3. lol) He just scored a touchdown against Jacksonville.

sadly i didn't

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

didn't know he would score 27 fantasy points  

i wasn't even sure I'd be starting him because "Houston Texans" aren't known for doing that great 

Believe me, I know. lol (Then again, we always seem to play well against the Jaguars, for whatever reason.)

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol I’m talking w someone rn and i have no clue who it is maybe Gemini?  Hey @Geminiwas that you?

No. My fantasy team is the South Park Cows. I think you're talking to Alvarado Reindeers, who is run by the guy whose UEMB name is @CountFrylock. He's a good guy.

Edited by Gemini
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Gemini said:

No. My fantasy team is the South Park Cows. I think you're talking to Alvarado Reindeers, who is run by the guy whose UEMB name is @CountFrylock. He's a good guy.

Ah ok I had no idea who I was talking to. Now I know. Thank you 😆

He was nice and knowledgeable about football that’s why I thought it was maybe you lol I’ll just go and talk to anyone I guess 😬😆

18 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Ah ok I had no idea who I was talking to. Now I know. Thank you 😆

He was nice and knowledgeable about football that’s why I thought it was maybe you lol I’ll just go and talk to anyone I guess 😬😆

I'm just glad anyone is talking.  It's like a fucking church in there sometimes.

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I'm just glad anyone is talking.  It's like a fucking church in there sometimes.

Same. CountFrylock and I have been talking some, too.

Also, can I just say that there couldn't have been a worse week for three of my top players are injured? I ended up dropping two of them, one of which, Saints WR Chris Olave, I should've just kept because he ended up playing tonight and getting over 9 fantasy points, which would've given me an early lead this week against...you, actually. lol I'm praying that McCaffrey plays Monday night because he's on the Can't Cut List.

FML in the ass. lol

Edited by Gemini
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2023 at 1:10 AM, scoobdog said:

There's a chat?

and other people in the league?

I thought it was just a tower-esque gauntlet similar to dante's inferno where any show of hope is quickly dashed by the ever ominous "Q"

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 1:23 PM, scoobdog said:

Checks out.

Speaking of the league chat, it's not showing up for me. CountFrylock and I were trash-talking each other before my computer (well, the one I use for Fantasy Football, anyway) started acting up. Any interesting smack talk happening?

14 hours ago, Satou Kazuma said:

Well, it was fun being in 1st place for a couple of weeks. My reign might've ended tonight.

It did, and I am back in first. It’s good to be the king!

In all seriousness, both of our teams are really good. I wouldn’t be surprised if we met in the semifinals or the championship game.

Edited by Gemini

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

It did, and I am back in first. It’s good to be the king!

In all seriousness, both of our teams are really good. I wouldn’t be surprised if we met in the semifinals or the championship game.

Gotta thank the folks for their dropping RB scraps in the wire earlier this season, I wouldn't be this good without it. That was my weakest position to start with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satou Kazuma said:

Gotta thank the folks for their dropping RB scraps in the wire earlier this season, I wouldn't be this good without it. That was my weakest position to start with. 

Yeah, I hear ya. Heck, I may have been one of those who dropped an RB at the wrong time (for me; clearly, the right time for you). My Achilles heel for a while was actually TE, then Dalton Schultz stepped up for quite a few games. Still, Taysom Hill was outperforming him for a couple games. Also, and I'm kicking myself for this, I should've started C.J. Stroud during our matchup. I probably would've won had I done so. Instead, you beat me. lol

• 3 weeks later...

But I beat you in our rematch, @Satou Kazuma! lol

Also, hey, folks! The regular season is over and now, it's time for the playoffs! @VicodinEs and I have first round byes, whereas @Satou Kazuma, @sahockeygrl15, @CountFrylock, and @scoobdog are playing each other this week. The quarterfinal matchups are as follows: @Satou Kazuma vs. @sahockeygrl15 and @CountFrylock vs. @scoobdog.

There's also a consolation bracket. It's a little more complicated because I only know of @1pooh4u owning two teams, and they're mentioned in the teams' respective names. I don't remember who the others are, but I think Luis's World Class Team is @Distortedreasoning? (I'm probably wrong here, but eh.) Anyway, here's the postseason bracket!

Good luck, everybody!

Screenshot 2023-12-19 094752.png