UnevenEdge

Fantasy Football 2023-24

scoobdog

Just now, scoobdog said:

No reason.

I’ve been feeling a little sore lately and seeing my fantasy football team fail like that didn’t make it any better     All could have been avoided if I benched taysom hill and played puka over olave as well as not even pick up the bengals defense.   Yet I chose not to do the right thing and opted to play it experimental 

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2024 at 8:49 AM, Satou Kazuma said:

Best of luck to those in the championship round. This year was plagued by injuries and underwhelming performance.

Yeah, I think some NFL teams are a little too reliant on certain offensive players in games, which in turn affects certain other offensive players on those same particular teams in terms of fantasy scoring. Heck, I really thought Justin Jefferson was gonna get you at least 10 fantasy points in our matchup, which possibly could've put you over the top and into the league championship game. Instead, I'm the sacrificial lamb to Vicodin's team. Yay? lol

Seriously, though, great game, man. It's always fun playing with someone with a fantasy football philosophy similar to one's own. (Quite a few players from your favorite NFL team, a backup kicker, and a backup defense.)

14 hours ago, molarbear said:

Nah

Football is enough of a hassle

I should've asked y'all if any of you wanted to have an 8 or 12-team UEMB fantasy hoops league. I'm in a random public league on Yahoo! and I'm currently kicking ass!

Edited by Gemini

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It’s a bit late for a hoops league, but I’ll open one up next season if we have enough interest.

So pretty much check back in mid-September then? Will do.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:23 PM, scoobdog said:

Congratulations to @Gemini, UEMB’s 2023-4 Fantasy Football Champion.

Thank you. It literally came down to the last play in the Buffalo-Miami game. If it hadn't been for that interception for Buffalo to win the game for the Bills, I'm certain the Dolphins would've run Archane again at least one more time. Great game, @VicodinEs!

This is my second fantasy football championship overall. The other was won with my ihavequadrophenia Yahoo! account in 2013 in a league run by former [as]MB user wwffan7385. This is proof that I still know what the hell I'm doing when I play fantasy football. (lol More like I'm a lucky dude.)

And as legendary Rockets head coach Rudy Tomjanovich once said, "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!"

LET'S DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

Edited by Gemini
"footabll?" lol

22 hours ago, Gemini said:

Thank you. It literally came down to the last play in the Buffalo-Miami game. If it hadn't been for that interception for Buffalo to win the game for the Bills, I'm certain the Dolphins would've run Archane again at least one more time. Great game, @VicodinEs!

This is my second fantasy footabll championship overall. The other was won with my ihavequadrophenia Yahoo! account in 2013 in a league run by former [as]MB user wwffan7385. This is proof that I still know what the hell I'm doing when I play fantasy football. (lol More like I'm a lucky dude.)

And as legendary Rockets head coach Rudy Tomjanovich once said, "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!"

LET'S DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

Needed like a 5 yard run from Achane to get the win or a swing pass, but Tua was focused on Tyreek... Oh well, congrats on the win. I hope next year, with a little more participation throughout the whole season..

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

You did decently.  I just have to figure out who owns the Toilet Bowl Champion team:  a lot of people don't use their screen names for the ownership handles.

Dude, I'm South Park Cows. lol

Wait. You meant something else. Nevermind. lol

Edited by Gemini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also, @scoobdog, can you put that I'm the fantasy football champ for 2023-24 to differentiate from Seight's winning it previously? Really, I think I have a fun idea: Make a banner to be revealed at the beginning of the next fantasy football season. We can have one for Seight, then one for myself. It can be a tradition that lasts as long as the UEMB does.

What say you, sir?

14 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Also, @scoobdog, can you put that I'm the fantasy football champ for 2023-24 to differentiate from Seight's winning it previously? Really, I think I have a fun idea: Make a banner to be revealed at the beginning of the next fantasy football season. We can have one for Seight, then one for myself. It can be a tradition that lasts as long as the UEMB does.

What say you, sir?

A banner?  Where?

I guess we really do need a hall of fame of sorts where we list the historic winners.  The yellow group title below your name can’t really be changed like that because of what it is.

11 hours ago, scoobdog said:

A banner?  Where?

I guess we really do need a hall of fame of sorts where we list the historic winners.  The yellow group title below your name can’t really be changed like that because of what it is.

I was thinking it could be done like how Sponges' sig for that story he wrote in which he was a member of the X-Men. If I remember correctly, the sig itself was a reward made for Sponges for winning that particular writing contest from years back. (It also involved dinosaurs.)

I mean I could do it in Paint for myself, but it would be generic. If, however, it was done using Photoshop by someone who knew exactly what they were doing, it would look awesome. (I realize this might be a tough ask so don't worry about it.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is it would be cool if the UEMB members who take part in fantasy sports (pick 'em contests included) had banners for when they win. Kinda like sports teams when they win division titles, league titles, even world championships.

Edited by Gemini

4 hours ago, Gemini said:

I was thinking it could be done like how Sponges' sig for that story he wrote in which he was a member of the X-Men. If I remember correctly, the sig itself was a reward made for Sponges for winning that particular writing contest from years back. (It also involved dinosaurs.)

I mean I could do it in Paint for myself, but it would be generic. If, however, it was done using Photoshop by someone who knew exactly what they were doing, it would look awesome. (I realize this might be a tough ask so don't worry about it.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is it would be cool if the UEMB members who take part in fantasy sports (pick 'em contests included) had banners for when they win. Kinda like sports teams when they win division titles, league titles, even world championships.

Not entirely sure what you're envisioning.  I don't recall any sig being specifically created as a reward, but it is something I can do on my end and give to you to attack to your account.

Also, seeing as the NFL thread is unpinned, I'm doing the same for this one.

17 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Not entirely sure what you're envisioning.  I don't recall any sig being specifically created as a reward, but it is something I can do on my end and give to you to attack to your account.

Also, seeing as the NFL thread is unpinned, I'm doing the same for this one.

Something like...this. (But just one per championship. That or just do what the Lakers...I think? and Celtics do and have banners with multiple years on each of them.)

GettyImages-1244070413.jpg

Edited by Gemini

I can put it in my sig. It would probably have to be a mini version in case I or someone else ends up winning multiple championships in the future. Heck, i (or someone else) might be able to make something for multiple sports in the future. For example, I also won a fantasy hockey championship years back as well.

6 hours ago, scoobdog said:

So, a custom .png.  I think I can do that.

Sweet! Now to figure out whether or not to use our fantasy team names or UEMB names? (Answer: UEMB names. it just makes more sense.)