UnevenEdge

My Adventures with Superman Episode 9 Talkback

Jman

Superman finally gets answers to who he is and where he came from, while coming face-to-face with The General, leader of Task Force X. Meanwhile, Lois and Jimmy must find Superman before Dr. Ivo destroys Metropolis!

• Like 2

Mm, climax felt like a bit of a wet fart. "Everybody, turn off your lights!" And the entire city goes dark? Come the fuck on. There's still power running to the buildings. And if Supes could just punch a hole right through the suit, why didn't he just... do that to begin with? Start tearing it apart?

Idk. Feeling a bit weird how it wants to establish that this is definitely an alternate-reality Earth but also wants some things to play out as usual..

Kinda more into it just to follow Waller's progression more than Superman.

• Like 1

Ivo is just going to steal electricity.  He should've thought of that a long time ago.

And now keeping all these super-powered dudes prisoner has predictably backfired!

Holy crap, Ivo will also be the size of an Eva if he keeps this up!

• Like 1

Ok, if you slow down that segment and read the "livestream" comments, some good ones there. Most names are generic throw-away, but you can catch a LanaLang in there (even gives the classic "Sounds like a job for Superman" line).

I also really enjoyed the "come to brasil" and "kekw" thrown in for streaming authenticity, lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Uh... okay. Just cuz you turn off the lights doesn't mean the power lines running through the buildings aren't still carrying power, but whatever. I was kind of hoping Supes would use a spirit bomb to beat him, but that's fine.

Seemed to me like the power was being shut off completely, not just lights.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Ok, if you slow down that segment and read the "livestream" comments, some good ones there. Most names are generic throw-away, but you can catch a LanaLang in there (even gives the classic "Sounds like a job for Superman" line).

I also really enjoyed the "come to brasil" and "kekw" thrown in for streaming authenticity, lol.

Oh, cool! Will try to check that out later.

Edited by DangerMouse

This show is immensely frustrating.

The version of Clark?  One of the best ongoing versions of him since the DCAU.  Everything with Clark/Superman they get right, that he is this guy with a lot of power but decides that he’s not God, he’s not Jesus, he’s your neighbor with the tools.  “I’m here.  How can I help?”

So why is everything around Kansas’s favorite fictional son so obnoxious?  Lois is not likable, the villains are lame, the art style is bland and boring, and for all the talk of this being an anime Superman, it’s anime through the lens of people who consider a lot of anime “problematic.”  And the Kryptonians are suddenly dollar store Viltrumites?  You’re ripping off the aliens who ripped off the Saiyans who themselves were Kryptonians!

Also Kaiju Parasite was done better in Man of Tomorrow.  At least we didn’t see the MAWS version of Lobo.

Edited by Jman

• Top Gun unpinned this topic