UnevenEdge

FLCL: Season 1 Re-run/Re-watch

10 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah that ninja one looked badass

As did that Lazarus one from Watanabe and the director of the John Wick movies.

Edit: Oh shit, just realized the ninja one's got Sunghoo Park directing (God of High School, Jujutsu Kaisen, Garo Vanishing Line all have godly action directing), no wonder the trailer looked that good too!

Yeah I saw that foot note about God of High School.

All in all everything looks solid and I'm happy we'll have some premiers to experience.

Uzumaki looks extremely faithful to the manga and if they do that it's a can't miss.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 3:45 PM, rpgamer said:

Found a fun little series of articles examining the themes and symbolism of FLCL episode by episode.

https://ap2hyc.com/2017/03/symbolism-flcl-1x01-fooly-cooly/

They don't seem to link to each other, so might have to just search FLCL on the site for further reading.

Thing I learned: When Canti eats Naota, he displays the kanji for "adult."

Yeah, I remember somebody having actually wrote like their doctoral thesis on the show. It's got loads of symbolism all right. Pretty much all of the anime Yoji Enokido's worked on are like that I think.

That guy looks like The Thing from the Fantastic Four. What's The Thing doing in FLCL? Grunge looks weird, but interesting. Going by that promo I'd say they're definitely trying to emulate the original a lot moreso in this one than they did with either Alternative or Progressive.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

2 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

That guy looks like The Thing from the Fantastic Four. What's The Thing doing in FLCL? Grunge looks weird, but interesting. Going by that promo I'd say they're definitely trying to emulate the original a lot moreso in this one than they did with either Alternative or Progressive.

Yeah he does look him!

Beating up dudes with a katana too!

Agreed, they're definitely trying to emulate it a lot more this time. Also, feels like they're going in all-in willing to do some crazy shit for this one like The Thing. Which is also more in-line with this first one.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Pretty sure I mentioned this last rerurn (hell, maybe the one before that too lmao) but just found a video version. This song will always make me think of the old vhs fansub days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPSThvsL_Fk

Check out the first few seconds, the fansubbers happened to use this song for the translation notes.

Edited by DangerMouse

26 minutes ago, saito34 said:

For sure...its crazy how long that song has been a part of our Saturday nights.

Yeah it really is.

And it's such an adventurous hype song, it's kinda like a toonami theme song at this point to me.

Edited by DangerMouse

13 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah it really is.

And it's such an adventurous hype song, it's kinda like a toonami theme song at this point to me.

Yeah..I think that’s more or less what I was feeling. It feels indelibly linked to Toonami in my head. Total theme song 

• Like 1

• Top Gun unpinned this topic