UnevenEdge

Dr. Stone Episode #40 (305) Discussion

Just now, DangerMouse said:

I'm streaming on the site tonight, so that might be why I didn't have any audio issues to notice.

I just did a quick google search and I saw some other people talking about it, but nothing super recent. Sounds like it could be an xfinity/comcast problem. It's annoying as hell.

Just now, saito34 said:

I just did a quick google search and I saw some other people talking about it, but nothing super recent. Sounds like it could be an xfinity/comcast problem. It's annoying as hell.

Oh, no wonder I didn't notice. I have Spectrum.

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

yeah im reading it could be provider specific. It's not that subtle. You'd def notice it if it was happening.

Oh ok.  That's really weird that it would only be on one show and with certain providers.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  That's really weird that it would only be on one show and with certain providers.

def... Thought maybe you guys just werent noticing it cuz your volume was down or something, but theres no way you could miss it at this point. It's just dr stone.

The comments i saw described the exact same problem i'm having, so it's safe to assume it's not widespread. Just trying to rule out my tv as the culprit at this point.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, saito34 said:

def... Thought maybe you guys just werent noticing it cuz your volume was down or something, but theres no way you could miss it at this point. It's just dr stone.

The comments i saw described the exact same problem i'm having, so it's safe to assume it's not widespread. Just trying to rule out my tv as the culprit at this point.

Oh ok.  I was going to say.  I just had my hearing checked and it's fine haha.

To add to the list, I have YouTube TV.  So it's not with them apparently.

Edited by ben0119

2 hours ago, saito34 said:

yep...would explain why i'm the only one in the chat. thought for sure it was a toonami problem

I think my volume was a bit off throughout Dr. Stone as well, that required me to up the volume a couple notches right after MAWS ended to compensate

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

I think my volume was a bit off throughout Dr. Stone as well, that required me to up the volume a couple notches right after MAWS ended to compensate

Hmm i wonder if it's the same problem im having. It's pretty obvious after you hear it a few times. In the beginning I thought it might just be a one-off, but it happened a bunch of times during last nights episode to the point that It was unwatchable towards the end.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Hmm i wonder if it's the same problem im having. It's pretty obvious after you hear it a few times. In the beginning I thought it might just be a one-off, but it happened a bunch of times during last nights episode to the point that It was unwatchable towards the end.

That didn't happen for me. It got better at the end, was far from unwatchable. The 2nd half had no issues with sound.

16 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  I was going to say.  I just had my hearing checked and it's fine haha.

To add to the list, I have YouTube TV.  So it's not with them apparently.

I'm really surprised there's so little mention of it. Usually I'll find a handful of tweets or reddit comments on stuff like this. I guess the combo of provider specificity and low Toonami viewership could be the culprit. :LithiumSmileySad::LithiumSmileyLaugh:

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That didn't happen for me. It got better at the end, was far from unwatchable. The 2nd half had no issues with sound.

Did you have audio issues though? This sounds exactly like clumsy audio compression to me.