UnevenEdge

strolls in, whistling.....

discolé monade

On 7/25/2023 at 1:19 PM, The_annoying_one said:

As much work as I did last night, my submission probably is last minute. Unless I come up with something perfect to add, which I highly doubt will happen. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Well this is the first I've been able to sit down at the comp for any amount of time this week.  And I'm exhausted.  If I can't come up with something tonight (later because I'm working on a different project atm) then I'll do my best to find a time tomorrow, because I KNOW I won't be able to the next day...what day is it even right now?  I'm not functioning on the standard unit of time over here  :confuse: :bravesad: :sadppy: :extremeindifferent: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

Well this is the first I've been able to sit down at the comp for any amount of time this week.  And I'm exhausted.  If I can't come up with something tonight (later because I'm working on a different project atm) then I'll do my best to find a time tomorrow, because I KNOW I won't be able to the next day...what day is it even right now?  I'm not functioning on the standard unit of time over here  :confuse: :bravesad: :sadppy: :extremeindifferent: 

Today is Wednesday (I believe), and it’s due by 11PM Friday. You can do it, twin! I believe in you! Seriously, even if you submit something at the last possible minute, I’m already certain you’ll blow the rest of us out of the water. Or you’ll tie with Disco again. That would be cool with me. :RoboTeeth:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Today is Wednesday (I believe), and it’s due by 11PM Friday. You can do it, twin! I believe in you! Seriously, even if you submit something at the last possible minute, I’m already certain you’ll blow the rest of us out of the water. Or you’ll tie with Disco again. That would be cool with me. :RoboTeeth:

I'm confident it's gonna be awesome as well! I kinda wish I had stayed in the competition because this sounds like something that's right up my alley. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2023 at 9:35 AM, discolé monade said:

i might take you up on that. in the serious realm. i'm a decent artist, but this is going to be a huge undertaking. 

i've been on this thing for a while now. yeah.....we should totally talk. 

...but...that's the realm I reserve for deaths and a handful of fears!  Oh...and other people's concerns. 

>.> I have a very narrow margin for myself though...

BUT WAIT!  You're actually serious.  This would be fantastic, I've been wanting to illustrate something for a while now.  Is this actually comic book material, GN material, LN material, other?  Did you have a particular style or medium in mind? Oh you prob mean talk in PMs xD My brain is a little divided at the moment, there's some stuff going on in person around me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I'm confident it's gonna be awesome as well! I kinda wish I had stayed in the competition because this sounds like something that's right up my alley. lol

I wish you had, too. But I fully understand why you had to drop out. Don’t worry, though. When someone from Team Dean wins this challenge, that win will be in your honor. Not to mention the other teammates we’ve lost along the way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Lol.  There's a story behind "Shut up, Scoob" that I love to tell every now and then, and it whether or not its endearing kind of depends on your opinion.

Well?  I haven't heard it, I don't think.  Just set'n me up ovuh heeeya    (<---Jersey accent even slips out in my head when I'm scattered :LithiumSmileyLaugh:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vela said:

Well?  I haven't heard it, I don't think.  Just set'n me up ovuh heeeya    (<---Jersey accent even slips out in my head when I'm scattered :LithiumSmileyLaugh:)

2 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I need this in my life right now!

Westpark was always kind of … dumb.  Well, ineffectual and dumb, but really committed which, naturally, made him a decent foil.  One time he got it in his head to troll little old me for whatever reason by changing his avatar to mine.  No one would know he was trolling except he would change it within minutes of me changing mine.  About that time, he started doing this whole “Scooby Dooby” thing.  It was kind of endearing.

Anyway, this went on for a bit.  A bunch of people started changing their avatars.  Westpark started to kind of break character and whine about shit, so being the frustrated wanna be troll that I am, I got the brilliant idea that it would be hilarious to just say “Shut up, Scoob” everytime he was crying about something.  It wasn’t comedy gold but I was amusing myself pretty decently for awhile.  Then Westpark disappeared - maybe one of his lesbian baby mamas needed help with their future BATHL baby or he was banned - and the my purile humor needed a new outlet.  So, never one to give up, I start using it every time someone says somethimg stupid like it’s the sickest burn ever, and people started picking up on it… by saying it back to me.

In the end, it didn’t actually end up being a sick burn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Westpark was always kind of … dumb.  Well, ineffectual and dumb, but really committed which, naturally, made him a decent foil.  One time he got it in his head to troll little old me for whatever reason by changing his avatar to mine.  No one would know he was trolling except he would change it within minutes of me changing mine.  About that time, he started doing this whole “Scooby Dooby” thing.  It was kind of endearing.

Anyway, this went on for a bit.  A bunch of people started changing their avatars.  Westpark started to kind of break character and whine about shit, so being the frustrated wanna be troll that I am, I got the brilliant idea that it would be hilarious to just say “Shut up, Scoob” everytime he was crying about something.  It wasn’t comedy gold but I was amusing myself pretty decently for awhile.  Then Westpark disappeared - maybe one of his lesbian baby mamas needed help with their future BATHL baby or he was banned - and the my purile humor needed a new outlet.  So, never one to give up, I start using it every time someone says somethimg stupid like it’s the sickest burn ever, and people started picking up on it… by saying it back to me.

In the end, it didn’t actually end up being a sick burn.

I remember that. I also remember that he would call me "Fidel" because I once had an alt (that was created out of necessity, of course) called Castrovalva, which was also the name of Peter Davison's first story as the Fifth Doctor, aka the guy who's currently my avatar.

Oh, and BATHL is short for Bay Area Tech Hipster Liberal. (for @Vela and @The_annoying_one. lol)

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Vela said:

:LithiumSmileyLaugh: When the subject is inadvertently the creator.  Thank you for the lore knowledge.

It's kind of hard to say it's inadvertent since I was using myself as the punchline for an insult, but it certainly lost any edge.  Now people just say it whenever.

Also, he called the babies an ableist offensive term.  I think that dude was almost as misogynistic as Nabbie, Bucket and Dane, but know one payed enough attention. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's kind of hard to say it's inadvertent since I was using myself as the punchline for an insult, but it certainly lost any edge.  Now people just say it whenever.

But I knew there was likely some story behind it's prevalence...and...>.> it's really fun to say...soooo...

>.>

<.< 

• Like 1

i really thiought this was going to be a lot more fun.

i'm sorry scoob, that you're putting so much effort into this, and it's just getting shat on. 

i would be pissed, j/s, if i went through all this trouble, and people just didn't even fucking bother.  : |

anyway, this next one is the last of the games?

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

i'm sorry scoob, that you're putting so much effort into this, and it's just getting shat on. 

i would be pissed, j/s, if i went through all this trouble, and people just didn't even fucking bother.  : |

It's why I didn't want to do it again, but Scoob had a lot of neat ideas that I just didn't have the energy to try out with a second round so he took over.....which tbh, this turned out way better than expected....but the bottom line is you can't force people to do anything and once the flaking ball starts rolling, it snowballs fast and just kinda takes the wind out of the whole thing.

But I didn't want to be pessimistic so I said I'd do what I could from a player's aspect....but trying to corral people that just ghost the whole thing was frustrating and I just don't do frustrating.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

It's why I didn't want to do it again, but Scoob had a lot of neat ideas that I just didn't have the energy to try out with a second round so he took over.....which tbh, this turned out way better than expected....but the bottom line is you can't force people to do anything and once the flaking ball starts rolling, it snowballs fast and just kinda takes the wind out of the whole thing.

But I didn't want to be pessimistic so I said I'd do what I could from a player's aspect....but trying to corral people that just ghost the whole thing was frustrating and I just don't do frustrating.

i saw the effort you put into the 1st one. i don't know the teams, but some of the submissions had me in stitches. so kudos to you. 

see, i get this. i do. i guess i'm just 'over zealous' in these arenas. always competitive. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i saw the effort you put into the 1st one. i don't know the teams, but some of the submissions had me in stitches. so kudos to you. 

see, i get this. i do. i guess i'm just 'over zealous' in these arenas. always competitive. 

Oh we didn't have teams the first time ....which is likely where it fell apart and why this one is taking a dive now that it's every man for themselves....people like participation trophies more than being #1

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Oh we didn't have teams the first time ....which is likely where it fell apart and why this one is taking a dive now that it's every man for themselves....people like participation trophies more than being #1

well, that makes more sense. 

i will say, the end of this is about as perfect timing as you could get @Game Master 

the 'season' is starting it's sludgy journey to gearing up. 

*farmer's markets/festivals*

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, discolé monade said:

It wasn’t unexpected.  As underwhelming as it might seem, not having you, Vela, and Buddy playing would have made it uninteresting.  I always figured you guys would bring enough enthusiasm to keep it going and, honestly, it was worth doing it all just once.

12 hours ago, André Toulon said:

The ghosting thing is perplexing.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It wasn’t unexpected.  As underwhelming as it might seem, not having you, Vela, and Buddy playing would have made it uninteresting.  I always figured you guys would bring enough enthusiasm to keep it going and, honestly, it was worth doing it all just once.

The ghosting thing is perplexing.

I came very close to ghosting this challenge because I didn’t think I’d have time to complete it, and still submit something respectable. 
All I can say now is…. I’m so glad I didn’t. This was probably my favorite challenge so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

it was worth doing it all just once.

I absolutely agree.

I also share buddy's sentiment that everything turned out way better than I thought it would.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh: Maybe my expectations weren't very high? but I think that had little to do with you being the game master and more to do with the difficulty of us members, we can all be pretty difficult :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1