UnevenEdge

I went to a Karaoke bar

It was the first time I ever sang at a public bar setting. A lot of places I went to in Hawaii had rentable private booths for friend groups, which was my whole experience for karaoke parties. But I gotta say, there’s nothing like belting “When You Were Young” three drinks deep and getting applauded by total strangers.

• Like 7

I kind of did karaoke once.  I was at a bar that set up a karaoke machine seemingly as an afterthought. I thought maybe I'd give it a try and two bars into the song some lady came outta no where and decided she was going to sing with me...loudly...and...that was the rest of my night :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  because she kept wanting to sing song after song with me...she held that mic hostage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I've never done karaoke. I kinda want to, but then again, I don't.

but then again...

Maybe more drink, less questions?

Pin on gifs

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Vela said:

but then again...

Maybe more drink, less questions?

Pin on gifs

If you were my singing partner? I'd join you without even drinking a drop of alcohol.

• Like 1

Just now, The_annoying_one said:

First time I've ever seen someone paste a react in a post. I didn't even know it was possible. That's awesome. :LithiumSmileySurprised:

Snipping Tool

When I first joined here someone practically yelled at me that I was sloppy with my screenshot XD XD XD  And I was like, "Then fucking tell me what to do!!! Sit there yell'n at me, lol."  And...then they were like, ":LithiumSmileyIndifferent: just use Snipping Tool."  lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

Snipping Tool

When I first joined here someone practically yelled at me that I was sloppy with my screenshot XD XD XD  And I was like, "Then fucking tell me what to do!!! Sit there yell'n at me, lol."  And...then they were like, ":LithiumSmileyIndifferent: just use Snipping Tool."  lol

Hmm...That's at least the third thing you've taught me in the past week alone.

I wonder if it works on mobile. I must find that out.....tomorrow! I's pretty tired.

Hmm...That's at least the third thing you've taught me in the past week alone.

I wonder if it works on mobile. I must find that out.....tomorrow! I's pretty tired.

Do you have an android?

14 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I have an iPhone. But my tablet is an Amazon Fire....which I'm 99% sure runs on Android.

😬I have no idea how to take a screenshot with an iphone, and I'd like to say that when you do take a screenshot that the option to crop it would pop up, but iphones are a whole other breed of phone XD  

I know how to screenshot on amazon fire but then cropping it is a whole process and I doubt worth the time.  😃 But you're going to get a pc soonish, right?  Do I remember you saying that?

4 minutes ago, Vela said:

😬I have no idea how to take a screenshot with an iphone, and I'd like to say that when you do take a screenshot that the option to crop it would pop up, but iphones are a whole other breed of phone XD  

I know how to screenshot on amazon fire but then cropping it is a whole process and I doubt worth the time.  😃 But you're going to get a pc soonish, right?  Do I remember you saying that?

Taking a screenshot on iphone is as simple as pressing the Volume Up & Power button at the same time. I just tested it out, and cropping is done the same way as zooming in and out.

I am planning to buy a laptop pretty soon. I'm going on vacation in a little over 2 weeks, so I'm trying to save money for that. By sometime in August, though, I will be buying a laptop and a PS5. :RoboTeeth:

6 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I am planning to buy a laptop pretty soon. I'm going on vacation in a little over 2 weeks, so I'm trying to save money for that. By sometime in August, though, I will be buying a laptop and a PS5. :RoboTeeth:

Nice!  We'll revisit this in August!

I wanna go to Japan and karaoke in a purple wig.

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Can’t wait!

Please videotape that if you do. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Unless you’re completely camera shy, like me. 🫣

I have two friends (not related but they know each other now) living in Japan right now so it's high on my list.  But I think I'm going to try to go to Denmark first.  Lol, I don't have that kind of money, to travel all over the world, but those are my two picks and I might be close to getting to Denmark soon.  Where are you going?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

I'm in! (As long as we can go to some New Japan Pro Wrestling shows while we're there.)

I meeeeeeeeean...I wouldn't say no to that XD XD XD  I know my one friend would be down XD   "Uhhhhhhrrrrrr you want to what?  I ask a buddy of mine." :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  And then depending on how much he wants to spend that week he'll either go with us or send us with a complete stranger he knows. xD

12 minutes ago, Vela said:

I meeeeeeeeean...I wouldn't say no to that XD XD XD  I know my one friend would be down XD   "Uhhhhhhrrrrrr you want to what?  I ask a buddy of mine." :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  And then depending on how much he wants to spend that week he'll either go with us or send us with a complete stranger he knows. xD

Cool! Also, AEW and NJPW both collaborated on a pay-per-view event called Forbidden Door, where wrestlers from each promotion face each other. It was a great show! I think this was the second Forbidden Door, and it was held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The match of the night was Kenny Omega (who happens to be well-known in Japan) vs. Will Osprey for the IWGP (the governing body of NJPW) United States Championship. I won't spoil it for anybody, but let's just say it was one of the best matches I've ever seen. It was that damn good.

Edited by Gemini

12 minutes ago, Vela said:

I have two friends (not related but they know each other now) living in Japan right now so it's high on my list.  But I think I'm going to try to go to Denmark first.  Lol, I don't have that kind of money, to travel all over the world, but those are my two picks and I might be close to getting to Denmark soon.  Where are you going?

That sounds absolutely amazing!

I wish I could travel to other countries, but my funds are severely limited. I’m going to the mountains of Tennessee. I’ve never been, but I’ve heard they’re really beautiful, so I’m excited.

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I wish I could travel to other countries, but my funds are severely limited. I’m going to the mountains of Tennessee. I’ve never been, but I’ve heard they’re really beautiful, so I’m excited.

If you go to Knoxville, you might run into a certain UEMB'er who, well, hasn't posted in about a month. lol (So watch your six, man.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

If you go to Knoxville, you might run into a certain UEMB'er who, well, hasn't posted in about a month. lol (So watch your six, man.)

I don’t think I will be going to Knoxville. I know what city I am going to, though. I’m just a little worried about doxing myself. Not to anyone in particular. I’m just a really private person.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I don’t think I will be going to Knoxville. I know what city I am going to, though. I’m just a little worried about doxing myself. Not to anyone in particular. I’m just a really private person.

Understood, buddy. Just be careful.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Ooooo, I'd be excited too!  I've never been there either.  You'll post pics, yes?

Believe me when I say that Careful is my middle name.

Hide contents

Not really (obviously). But my real middle name does start with a C, so there’s that. 🤷‍♂️😂

Cornelius 

Collen

Chrysanthemum!

Chattanooga!!!

Actually I think I know what it probably is...also...imagine if your middle name was actually Collen? xD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Maybe (and this is a big maybe) I will PM both of you my middle name at some point. But that point, sadly, is not now. I am officially going to bed. I’ve been up for almost 24 hours straight. Good night!

Nighty night.  :LithiumSmiley:

:LithiumSmileySurprised: Oh bleep it's almost 3 am...I...should probably go and pretend to sleep too.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 10:56 PM, -Ninja_Jesus- said:

It was the first time I ever sang at a public bar setting. A lot of places I went to in Hawaii had rentable private booths for friend groups, which was my whole experience for karaoke parties. But I gotta say, there’s nothing like belting “When You Were Young” three drinks deep and getting applauded by total strangers.

Good for you!

I have a cringe memory of karaoke that I still think about from like 15 years ago.  😂

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Only if the two of you sing, and I just….sit there awkwardly (I’m a pro at that  😂). Even then, it’s a mild maybe.

well now it's a must...awkward and uncomfortable make me smile :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I'd be right in my element!  Be prepared for me to sit in front of you with a mic and talk verses instead of singing them while making constant direct eye contact. 

• Haha 1