UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Season 6 Begins Quietly Again at 2:30 AM

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

And.....that of all ways is how we lose Midnight.....

Concrete to the face is no joke but the fact this fatally injures her is horribly tragic, and it was such a cheap sucker punch of a counterattack 

Edited by AnimationFan14
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

LOL I forgot Clancy Brown voice Red Death in Venture Bros.

Venture Bros looks cool but i never got into it for whatever reason

i have hi dive and retro crush now so i usually try to find some obscure anime to watch before i crash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saito34 said:

i have hi dive and retro crush now so i usually try to find some obscure anime to watch before i crash

Somehow my experience ended up similar since I think I saw most of season 1 but then lost track of it by the time it came back and didn't catch it again until some time in the middle. And some occasional eps whenever it's been added to the schedule after Toonami like this over the years.

I know what you mean, I'm usually too awake and unable to go to bed right after we watch Toonami either, so I often end up throwing on an ep or two on CR (previously Funi) or catching up on watching some anime reactions.

Edited by DangerMouse

16 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Somehow my experience ended up similar since I think I saw most of season 1 but then lost track of it by the time it came back and didn't catch it again until some time in the middle. And some occasional eps whenever it's been added to the schedule after Toonami like this over the years.

I know what you mean, I'm usually too awake and unable to go to bed right after we watch Toonami either, so I often end up throwing on an ep or two on CR (previously Funi) or catching up on watching some anime reactions.

Yeah. It actually looks cool, but it never fully grabbed my attention for some reason. I should probably give it a thorough shot though.

Same. It's like saturday night is the time to hold onto whatever is left of the weekend, so I hate to go to bed. It's a good time to work on the back log.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 3:20 AM, saito34 said:

Speaking of Retro Crush I would recommend giving City Hunter a watch if you are ever in the mood for something not too deep but highly enjoyable, with that late 80s animation goodness 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Speaking of Retro Crush I would recommend giving City Hunter a watch if you are ever in the mood for something not too deep but highly enjoyable, with that late 80s animation goodness 

100%..I'm right there with you.

It was probably the first show I started when i subscribed. I'm watching as much 80's anime as i have the time for lately. The more obscure the better, but overall I just love it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/9/2023 at 7:27 PM, saito34 said:

100%..I'm right there with you.

It was probably the first show I started when i subscribed. I'm watching as much 80's anime as i have the time for lately. The more obscure the better, but overall I just love it.

Glad to hear you have already entered the city pop neon filled goodness that is City Hunter and have been enjoying it. It's a under-seen 80s gem that was almost a form of lost media for a long time after the ADV dvd sets went out of print and started going for over $100 per set, but thanks to Discotek and Retro Crush it's back and remastered for all to see. 

The Professional: Golgo 13 is a very early 80s anime movie that should be on Retro Crush that'd I'd recommend 

Golgo 13 (Anime) - TV Tropes

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Glad to hear you have already entered the city pop neon filled goodness that is City Hunter and have been enjoying it. It's a under-seen 80s gem that was almost a form of lost media for a long time after the ADV dvd sets went out of print and started going for over $100 per set, but thanks to Discotek and Retro Crush it's back and remastered for all to see. 

The Professional: Golgo 13 is a very early 80s anime movie that should be on Retro Crush that'd I'd recommend 

Golgo 13 (Anime) - TV Tropes

Yeah, i could get lost for days in all these obscure titles. I will definitely get around to Golgo 13 eventually.It's on my radar.

Amazon Prime has a pretty spotty collection of anime but they do have some shows from the 80's and 90's that I've never heard of that are pretty good. Requiem from the Darkness is a good one I've been enjoying.

Between Prime, Retro Crush, and Hi-Dive theres a lot to explore.

• Like 2

• Top Gun unpinned this topic