UnevenEdge

Food Wars! The Fifth Plate Episode 6 (79) "A Midsummer Christmas" Discussion

Food Wars! The Fifth Plate - Opening (HD) - YouTube

Episode 6 (79)

"A Midsummer Christmas"
"Manatsu no Kurisumasu" (真夏のクリスマス)

Pinkie and her Christmas Nakama: A Christmas Actvity With Anime Characters  – Pinkie's Paradise 

Previously on Food Wars! we had a convenience store brawl for the second challenge, where ingredients available from a regular convenience store will be turned into a dish that must be judged to be worth more than $100. Tsukasa's dish was a huge stand out resulting in a dish valued at $587, and Soma's eventual dish allowed him to pass but without knowing his dish's true value. Meanwhile Erina defeated one gantlet of chief that failed a challenge only to find out she had another gantlet of chiefs to face who all failed the second challenge. Megumi and Takumi both passed as well and The Book Master made the announcement that the winner of the Blue this year will become her very own personal chief! 

Now we move on from convenience stores to the third challenge which at first is to impress three of the WGO's top judges, and where baking the best Christmas cake will determine if Soma will make it through.

Food Wars" A Midsummer Christmas (TV Episode 2020) - IMDb

Tune into Food Wars! tonight at 1:00am (EST) 4/23/2023 
on Toonami or Sarge may have a Christmas present for you!

• Like 2

Having "evil mafia chefs," man you know this author ran out of ideas.

Also since when were all the people in the "law abiding" cooking world even all "good guys?"  That was a stupid comment.

I've also noticed all the cooking and preparation aspect is being glossed over (unless the anime is rushing things.)  So, the cooking expert being gone definitely... made the show even worse?  It took an artist, author, and a cooking expert to make this show and it still sucks this bad?! 

And now it is just half-assed at the one thing it was supposedly good at.  (Though people have made the previous recipes from the series and said they were disgusting.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Having "evil mafia chefs," man you know this author ran out of ideas.

Also since when were all the people in the "law abiding" cooking world even all "good guys?"  That was a stupid comment.

I've also noticed all the cooking and preparation aspect is being glossed over (unless the anime is rushing things.)  So, the cooking expert being gone definitely... made the show even worse?  It took an artist, author, and a cooking expert to make this show and it still sucks this bad?! 

And now it is just half-assed at the one thing it was supposedly good at.  (Though people have made the previous recipes from the series and said they were disgusting.)

I am pretty sure most agree that this is the worst season haha 

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

I am pretty sure most agree that this is the worst season haha 

I heard even the show's fans aren't too keen on this season!  Since I never liked it much to begin with at least it's not as disappointing for me haha.

• Like 1

Was that lady they just showed the real estate lady or whoever that was that tasted Soma's food in the first episode?

It seemed like a lot of other judges came back.  Not that much of them were that special, so not sure why the author thought we'd be so excited to see them return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

We've a got an EsDeath expy and that guillotine girl reminds me of a Deadman Wonderland character.  This show isn't just crappy anymore it's unoriginal!  And trying to be edgy was a mistake for a silly show like this!

I think this is what happens when you try to throw too much plot into your hentai haha 

• Haha 2