UnevenEdge

Aqua Teen Forever Plantasm Discussion

Jman

Aqua-Teen-Forever-Plantasm-keyart.jpg

They're back!  After Mike Lazzo ordered their cancelation following Season 11, the Aqua Teen returns for a direct to streaming movie that will launch the first of several new episodes.  The plot?

Everyone's favourite rascals Frylock, Master Shake, Meatwad, and Carl fight the corporate overlord Amazin, led by tech mogul Neil and his trusty scientist sidekick, Elmer.

The film airs tonight at midnight.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

Probably no one else is going to care about this, but it kinda pissed me off when Carl referred to the Scorpions as East German. They were always West German. If they were from East Germany they literally would have never been allowed to leave the soviet bloc until 1989 when the Berlin wall fell. But in reality the Scorpions were already playing world tours and globally releasing their albums on major labels in the 70s.

• Like 1

As a big Aqua teen fan I hate to say it, but this didn't work.

After the first movie came out and disappointed everyone I came to the conclusion that Aqua teen just doesn't work in a long format. I think this proves that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Daos said:

As a big Aqua teen fan I hate to say it, but this didn't work.

After the first movie came out and disappointed everyone I came to the conclusion that Aqua teen just doesn't work in a long format. I think this proves that.

I feel the same. I really wanted to like this, but I can count on one hand times that actually got a smile out of me. The first half of the movie was painfully boring, and the second half was barely better. No matter how you slice it, Aqua Teen just can’t work for more than 11 minutes at a time. 

I had wondered why I saw almost pure negativity from people who watched it at release. I figured they were just being too harsh, but I get it now. I definitely would not have been happy having paid money to watch this. 

And a random side question, am I the only one who thinks Markula sounds way different? I first noticed it in Aqua Donk.

• Top Gun unpinned this topic