UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss Season 2, Episode 12

Blatch

1 minute ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

LOL One can only dream. Given the previous track record of the show, I'm betting on absolute depression.

Usually a depressing series would at least have a happy ending.  Otherwise it's just being sad for the sake of it, and to torment the viewers.

• Thanks 1

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/made-in-abyss-the-golden-city-of-the-scorching-sun/episode-12/.190358

How about THAT! Rating: 5 stars!

I just hope people actually WATCHED it on Toonami tonight! Yashahime trended last week but didn't do so great in the ratings.

Made In Abyss is the #6 trend in the nation right now, so hopefully it will do better. Yashahime was #8 last week...

• Like 2

So all in all, I really liked Season two. I give it 9/10.

My only two complaints are how Nanachi is basically sidelined for half the arc so that the new, cute character, Faputa can be focused on. Nanachi still could have been made useful to the plot aside from sleeping around all day. 

I also did not like how Vueko's demise was handled. I do not have as much of a problem with her being killed off as I do with how she was killed off. It seemed kind of anticlimactic for her to just forget about the curse and wonder upstairs. I get it that she was kinda of losing it a bit and reminiscing about her Irumuyi as she/Village was being destroyed, but IDK, just felt like 'I need a quick way to gruesomely kill her off'. 

But other than that I think it is nearly perfect. Not quite as good as Season One and the Movie, but pretty damn close IMO!

I fucking Love MiA and hope we can get some reruns in the future!

Lets go gang! It looks like Faputa is gonna join to. I mean how can she not? They set it up and she even says she'll "think about it"!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Like I said, there has to be rhyme or reason to it, or it's just torment for the sake of it.

No I get it on a serious note, I was kinda joking when I said there is no happiness in the Abyss haha

Tsukushi loves juxtaposing cute chibi art style and plot with really dark and uncomfortable themes. So there are lots of cute and happy moments too! 

But part of it is just torment for the sake of it. 

Edited by atomicinumatt

29 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

No I get it on a serious note, I was kinda joking when I said there is no happiness in the Abyss haha

Tsukushi loves juxtaposing cute chibi art style and plot with really dark and uncomfortable themes. So there are lots of cute and happy moments too! 

But part of it is just torment for the sake of it. 

Oh ok.  Well, like I said, the sad and tormenting moments eventually lead to happy moments.  There has to be some reason for the characters (and fans) to go through all that.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  Well, like I said, the sad and tormenting moments eventually lead to happy moments.  There has to be some reason for the characters (and fans) to go through all that.

I know what you mean. 

Certain parts, and how they are presented to the viewer are done so to intentionally make the viewer uncomfortable. Like the way the arm-breaking scene is done, or the Mitty-fication, etc., they are done purposely to make the viewer uncomfortable. 

Of course in the story there are lots of happy moments, but the author really does try to make the reader feel discomforted as well. There are interviews where Tsukushi says so himself, I will have to dig them up. He does it to help immerse the reader in the violent and amoral world of the Abyss. 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/made-in-abyss-the-golden-city-of-the-scorching-sun/episode-12/.190358

How about THAT! Rating: 5 stars!

I just hope people actually WATCHED it on Toonami tonight! Yashahime trended last week but didn't do so great in the ratings.

Made In Abyss is the #6 trend in the nation right now, so hopefully it will do better. Yashahime was #8 last week...

5/5! Nice score.

FovkSjxXgAAzX2I?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

Man this anime/manga really is so good. 

After rewatching it on the West Coast broadcast, I can say I am really going to miss seeing it on the Block. The animation/illustrations, music (god I am going to miss Penkin's music on the Block), characters, world building, beauty and horrors etc. really take my breath away a times. Watching it, I get goosebumps throughout it, even after seeing it many times already. I may be biased because I am a huge fan, but it really is that good. 

On the whole it has got to be one of my favorites. 

Although fleeting, tonight's Block was definitely giving me a tinge of old school [as]/Toonami vibes. Really enjoyed watching it with all you awesome people! 

Fare thee well, Made in Abyss!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

wait, didn't riko come up with the name reg? how does faputa know that name?

So this is something that has been debated/discussed. 

We know that Riko gets the name from her pet dog, Reg, and decides to name Reg the boy/robot after him. We also know that this dog was around before Lyza left on her last dive, so she was aware of it too. 

We know that Lyza encounter Reg from her notes and from Reg's various flashbacks about her. 

It is believed that Lyza might be the one who sent Reg up to the surface to possibly get Riko and protect her or even bring her down the Abyss. If so, then she more than likely gave him the name Reg too (multiple characters in the story have noted how Reg is dog like) and probably taught him things like her language, mannerisms, etc. 

If true, then this probably means that she encountered him on the 7th layer and named him before he even started heading upwards and eventually encountered Faputa. 

Another theory is that Lyza's or Reg the Dogs soul might be inside Reg the Robot since he mentions having multiple presences take control of his body when he recharges at Ido Front. 

But we will not know for sure until we get more manga chapters!

1 hour ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

just now noticing that reg an control his severed arm remotely

Yep, we learn in Dawn of the Deep Soul that we can still control and fire it! 

So it is like a side arm of Riko now hahahahah

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1