UnevenEdge

Injustice and Ballmastrz Rubicon and Justice League Fatal Five premier on 2/18 And 2/25

Toonamiguy321

So Rubicon isn’t even a premier apparently, this schedule looks a lot more sucky stallish now. 

And I feel the need to reiterate this every time it happens, I am so tired of those R&M shorts being listed as part of the block when they never are. Idk why they are so obsessed with tacking those onto the schedule every time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

So Rubicon isn’t even a premier apparently, this schedule looks a lot more sucky stallish now. 

And I feel the need to reiterate this every time it happens, I am so tired of those R&M shorts being listed as part of the block when they never are. Idk why they are so obsessed with tacking those onto the schedule every time.

Personally I don't see how Ballmasterz is toonami. It's a comedy and it's American. There is slight action. Much more for laughs.

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Rubicon comes to HBO Max on February 21st, does it air on Adult Swim prior? If so, when?

EDIT: Oh it’s on the 20th so Toonami gets it 5 days later. Well it deserves to premiere outside of Toonami. I don’t mind a lightly used rerun airing before the movie that week but it could have aired after.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Personally I don't see how Ballmasterz is toonami. It's a comedy and it's American. There is slight action. Much more for laughs.

It really isn’t, and never would have been but during the Covid content drought they dumped it’s reruns on the block so it’s treated as pseudo Toonami now. 

Thankfully this is just a one and done episode, so hopefully this is the last time it’s used as a cheap crutch for the Toonami schedule. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

It really isn’t, and never would have been but during the Covid content drought they dumped it’s reruns on the block so it’s treated as pseudo Toonami now. 

Thankfully this is just a one and done episode, so hopefully this is the last time it’s used as a cheap crutch for the Toonami schedule. 

Having it in Toonami videos was worth it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

After Rubicon aired last night, the Facebook page reminded people about the Toonami rerun, but for some reason they made an entirely new graphic that cuts off the Rick and Morty short 

6CDBEB58-03B1-4A5F-B828-6A00160C9BDE.jpeg

Hmm. Maybe they realized they didn’t need the short to fill the time? Maybe they’ll throw in a long music video somewhere or something or the movie runs longer than they thought.

They actually ran the LATER bump after the R&M short on Saturday instead of before it so that airing actually counts as “on Toonami” but they didn’t give it a bump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

After seeing Rubicon last night, NOW I understand why it's on Toonami. Very action oriented, and made to look like anime.

The actual series doesn’t look like that. It has a very unique style. The special, for reasons I’ll never understand, tossed out that unique style and replaced it with a very generic anime parody style. 

20 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

The actual series doesn’t look like that. It has a very unique style. The special, for reasons I’ll never understand, tossed out that unique style and replaced it with a very generic anime parody style. 

I am well aware, which is why above I was like "why the fuck is this on Toonami????" But Rubicon actually makes sense on Toonami, while the rest of the series doesn't.

Also yeah, Rubicon was a lot less cool than the "regular" episodes of the show.