UnevenEdge

Why is a hat such a big issue?

28 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Lmao, SC.

That's all I have to say. No one cares about this faux-religious cult and their hats.

I actually have a very real answer as to why, but fu.....fundamentally sound derision will have to do.

Imagine if the Smithsonian didn't care, either.  No news article, no post about it and nobody with anything to talk about over the water cooler.

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Lmao, SC.

That's all I have to say. No one cares about this faux-religious cult and their hats.

I actually have a very real answer as to why, but fu.....fundamentally sound derision will have to do.

I got this one.

It's part of the great "We will take no losses, even perceived ones" shit I keep talking about. Now they can be like "Oh, it's so awful that they made us take the hats off" and then the worst people you knowTM will spend a news cycle talking about this instead of the actual fucking problems we should be dealing with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Lol.  Nice try, but no.

I guess since other adults are here I can hazard a discussion....

At what point with these idiots realize they can't just go everywhere pushing agendas....If the had school hats, then I'm sure it would have been fine, and the bullshit about that hats being used to identify the students is absurd....What if the student was like me and hates wearing hats inside (OCD thing, much like the glasses and eating).

This is an institution of SCIENCE and KNOWLEDGE....Of course it doesn't support the pro-life ideals that are based in fiction.

And upon doing a bit of googling, it's not even forced to be under the American Gov's thumb....So yeah, they don't have to put up woith any of their bullshit.

The fact that while living in reality "faith" is somehow a viable conept to these people.....It's called feefees and no one care if your's are hurt, religitroll.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

At what point with these idiots realize they can't just go everywhere pushing agendas....If the had school hats, then I'm sure it would have been fine, and the bullshit about that hats being used to identify the students is absurd....What if the student was like me and hates wearing hats inside (OCD thing, much like the glasses and eating).

This is an institution of SCIENCE and KNOWLEDGE....Of course it doesn't support the pro-life ideals that are based in fiction.

And upon doing a bit of googling, it's not even forced to be under the American Gov's thumb....So yeah, they don't have to put up woith any of their bullshit.

The fact that while living in reality "faith" is somehow a viable conept to these people.....It's called feefees and no one care if your's are hurt, religitroll.

I agree with that.  The stupid thing is that museums have always sought to control the discussion about their exhibits and people like the OP seem to have not figured that out.

1 hour ago, cyberbully said:

So, in a place of public accommodation, a person could be refused service because of displayed political or social opinions?  

5 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

So, in a place of public accommodation, a person could be refused service because of displayed political or social opinions?  

The Smithsonian is private property, not sanction by the government....Yes, they can say fuck you science denying idiots, but they didn't...they just said you won't promote that agenda here.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

1 hour ago, cyberbully said:

The Smithsonian is private property, not sanction by the government....Yes, they can say fuck you science denying idiots, but they didn't...they just said you won't promote that agenda here.

Even if it were government property, public accommodation does not denote access to expression.  You can't protest inside of city hall, for instance, but you can protest in front of it.  So, yes, you can always be refused service because of political or social opinions in spaces where you don't have a forum.

12 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Even if it were government property, public accommodation does not denote access to expression.  You can't protest inside of city hall, for instance, but you can protest in front of it.  So, yes, you can always be refused service because of political or social opinions in spaces where you don't have a forum.

Since i'm no lawyer, and the information I have concerning the nature of the Smithsonian is new to me, I don't really want to make outlandish claims but just from what I can see, I'm not sure what precedent this "faith-based" law firm could use to atually get a monetary judgement in their favor....Like maythe the 'Sonian settles and offers an apology, but just at face value, I don't think they owe them shit.  They weren't forced to leave, or refused service....They just couldn't wear the hats....But I'm sure there is some shit conveniently left out of this articl so i may or may not look for a different news source on the matter...But it's a Packard thread about a Christian school....None of this is really an interest I can propagate further than what we're doing now.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, scoobdog said:

They were not protesting or demonstrating.  Hats only, no different from my Gorillaz tee shirt.

My point is that security should have just stayed silent.  They had no business harassing those students.

5 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

They were not protesting or demonstrating.  Hats only, no different from my Gorillaz tee shirt.

Nice try, but no they are not the same.

Also, let me guess, your Gorillaz t-shirt is just a dirty Hanes with homemade pre-Demon Days Noodle fan art.

16 hours ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

What's the difference?

Fan art usually sucks .....oh, you're still talking about the hats?

We already told you...it's making a political statement..One that they didn't want to promote on their premises or force any other patrons to endure. 

If it said pro choice, they would have done the same thing....Some of us aren't on a perpetual crusade to hivemind the world.

Now stop playing dumb.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Fan art usually sucks .....oh, you're still talking about the hats?

We already told you...it's making a political statement..One that they didn't want to promote on their premises or force any other patrons to endure. 

If it said pro choice, they would have done the same thing....Some of us aren't on a perpetual crusade to hivemind the world.

Now stop playing dumb.

So, when I see a bumper sticker I don't agree with, should that driver be told to keep the car off public roads?  Or a hat in a restaurant?  A pin in a book store?

Ignore it.  That's what I do.

13 hours ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

So, when I see a bumper sticker I don't agree with, should that driver be told to keep the car off public roads?  Or a hat in a restaurant?  A pin in a book store?

Ignore it.  That's what I do.

Is a public road private property?  No...then that's stupid.

A restaurant can totally do that...your local Applebee's might not, but a local mom and pop might and they can because...private property.

No one is looking at you shitty pins unless you mean that huge gaudy one that you use in your drag pics....But even then, they'll just think you're special.

If it's that big and says pro life....well, again...up to the store and it's management.

See, your problem is you want free speech that imposes an agenda....a political one...and you have ever right to support that agenda just as everyone else has a right not to be assaulted by it.

If you're so good at ignoring things, then you should be well over this by now.

But we all know why you're really here, and pretty soon you'll be back to square one.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

I assume he's talking about the woman who wouldn't bake a wedding cake for a gay couple 10 or 15 year ago. You know, "quickly" forgotten.

Although leave it to Packard to equivalate "no" with "please don't do that" several times, then "no"

I figured that's what he was talking about but I just don't like playing along when he tries to move the goalposts...I just stick around for the predictable show.

• Thanks 1