UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss Season 2, Episode 9

Blatch

10 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

oh god. for a second, i thought maybe it was that guy reincarnated or something???

That would've been ridiculous haha.  How would he have even gotten here?  I'm glad the show didn't go to those lengths at least.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Cliffhanger ending. Dang! Is she just gonna destroy them all? Kind of doubt it somehow. Riko was talking about making a wish to set them free to continue searching the Abyss, but I dunno how exactly she can manage to accomplish anything of the sort with how things are looking now.

That attack sure looked indiscriminate haha.

More importantly how can Riku do that without getting turned into a blob monster?  Riku would reach whole new levels of stupid if she tried to mess with those Cradles of Desire after hearing that story. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah.  They need to get out.  Did Reg bother to tell Faputa who Riko and Nanachi are and not to harm them?  Lol.

She saw they were with Reg before they ever got to the village. Remember she visited them when they were sleeping and took some of Riko's hair, so I doubt she would want to hurt either of them since they had nothing to do with what happened to her mother.

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That attack sure looked indiscriminate haha.

More importantly how can Riku do that without getting turned into a blob monster?  Riku would reach whole new levels of stupid if she tried to mess with those Cradles of Desire after hearing that story. 

That's true, but didn't Riko also say she had done something like that before. Not sure exactly what she was talking about. Only thing I can think of maybe is if she's referring to Prushka.

25 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

She saw they were with Reg before they ever got to the village. Remember she visited them when they were sleeping and took some of Riko's hair, so I doubt she would want to hurt either of them since they had nothing to do with what happened to her mother.

Oh, you're right.  Faputa seems pretty blinded by rage right now, though.

20 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

That's true, but didn't Riko also say she had done something like that before. Not sure exactly what she was talking about. Only thing I can think of maybe is if she's referring to Prushka.

Faputa had?  I thought Faputa could not get into the village until now.

33 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Faputa had?  I thought Faputa could not get into the village until now.

Oh no, I was referring to Riko, not Faputa. Riko said when talking to Wazukyan that she'd had something like that happen to her before after asking him about her potentially using the power of the cradles of desire. I was just wondering what she was referring to exactly and speculating that maybe it had to do with Prushka's wish to go along with them turning her into a white whistle.

1 minute ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Oh no, I was referring to Riko, not Faputa. Riko said when talking to Wazukyan that she'd had something like that happen to her before after asking him about her potentially using the power of the cradles of desire. I was just wondering what she was referring to exactly and speculating that maybe it had to do with Prushka's wish to go along with them turning her into a white whistle.

Oh, maybe that is it.  So are you saying Riko wouldn't get mutated if she used the Cradle of Desire?

Who knows? I mean, the cradle's changing Irunmyuui's body may have just been specific to her wish to be able to have children and create a safe place for everyone. If Riko were to wish to free them from being bound to the village, then it wouldn't necessarily call for it to change her body in order to accomplish that. Of course, if Faputa winds end slaughtering them all, kind of a moot point.

• Like 1