UnevenEdge

Shenmue: The Animation at 3 AM - The Re-Discussion

https://shenmue.neoseeker.com/wiki/Fangmei_Birthday_Event#:~:text=Fangmei's Birthday is on the,to call you Ryo-san.

This is a special set of events that you would most likely miss through normal play, detailed here is how to activate the event. Fangmei's Birthday is on the 3rd March so you need to complete all this before that day, plus you need $150 to spend on the gift.

The first step is to become good friends with Fangmei. To do this you need to keep talking to her until she stops calling you Hazuki-san and starts to call you Ryo-san. To achieve this you need to get into conversations with her and get her to initiate conversations with Ryo so that Ryo will be prompted for a response. To do this generally Fangmei will start conversations when Ryo walks towards her, usually she will ask around 3 questions a day. If you pick a response that she likes this will increase Ryo's friendship with her, picking the "wrong" response will make her upset and she won't talk to Ryo for the rest of the day.

Once Fangmei is referring to Ryo as Ryo-san the next step is to meet Eileen, a friend of Fangmei's. She can be found in Pigeon Park in Aberdeen, practising martial arts by the big fountain. The next day after meeting Eileen, she can be found eating lunch at the Man Mo Bistro with Fangmei. Eileen and Fangmei will later leave the Bistro, if you follow Eileen she will stop at a vase shop so have Ryo talk to her. She will tell Ryo about Fangmei's birthday being soon. Speaking to Eileen at the vase shop is not necessary for activating the event but it makes more sense from a narrative perspective.

Now head to the Complete Clothier which is on Three Blades Street in the Lucky Charm Quarter, if you made it in time Fangmei will be standing outside looking at something in the window from about 1:30pm to 8pm. You need to talk to her, once that is over and you know she was looking at an object on display, go inside the shop and buy it.

Lastly, wait until the 3rd March and when that day arrives head to Xiuying's Room where you can (finally) give Fangmei the gift.

~

Yeah, FUCK THAT.

I definitely missed this event, since I took too long to get to that point in the game.  I had no idea Fangmei went to other areas outside the temple, either.  But that is way too much work!  I'll probably just watch these extra cut scenes on Youtube!

Edited by ben0119
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Bumping this for Episode #9 "Distinct" tonight!

Not sure why this was unpinned; we have 5 episodes left of the 3 AM rerun!

Yeah don't know know why this was never pinned.  Who is in charge of pinning threads?

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

This Zhu associate guy looks weird but at least he doesn't look as bad as he did in the game.

Hah Ryo saved by Xiuying and didn't even notice.

Now a QTE chase of Ren! 🤣

This is what that Shuqin Zhang guy looks like in the game.  I don't know why he looks so fucked up.  Also he's supposed to be 44?!  But yeah, I'm glad the anime toned down his look lol.

Shuqin_Zhang.png.9c86cf4684b6ec5fe450efbdfaeedb3e.png

Zhang_anime.jpg.e7003db8418d0a6abc5d6091a583d4dd.jpg

• Like 2

I literally got finished moving with enough time to watch the last few minutes of Shenmue lmao.  I glanced at the thermostat here as I walked in, but it's set an hour early. 😧 I got teased like Ryo and Ren did with Yuanda Zu haha.

But, I've got everything to start sleeping here now, but there's a LOT more crap to move over still.  But some of it is definitely going to Goodwill, by the street, or to the dumpster.  We've already done that with some stuff already.

I'll be without my cats when I'm sleeping over here, but I figure it is best to bring them over at the end, when we've finished bringing everything over here?

Don't take Xiuying lightly, Don Niu!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I literally got finished moving with enough time to watch the last few minutes of Shenmue lmao.  I glanced at the thermostat here as I walked in, but it's set an hour early. 😧 I got teased like Ryo and Ren did with Yuanda Zu haha.

But, I've got everything to start sleeping here now, but there's a LOT more crap to move over still.  But some of it is definitely going to Goodwill, by the street, or to the dumpster.  We've already done that with some stuff already.

I'll be without my cats when I'm sleeping over here, but I figure it is best to bring them over at the end, when we've finished bringing everything over here?

Don't take Xiuying lightly, Don Niu!

Moves are hectic and take a lot of energy and I wish you the best for the remaining items you gotta move in. I hope it's all been going smoothly so far :3