UnevenEdge

Shenmue: The Animation at 3 AM - The Re-Discussion

550571369_Nozomi_anime_artwork(1).thumb.jpg.c45c969b82e951e6b134ea2a54347e8d.jpg

Joy_Anime.thumb.jpg.35c2acacb8ec4e48e45157d7bc6a2fcf.jpg

It's pretty annoying that there was no key artwork made (or at least not released) for Xiuying, for the promotional stuff for the anime.  She's not even in the poster.  All I can think of is maybe they were trying to keep her as a surprise for people who never played the games?

Shenmue_anime_teaser_image_w_Ren_dou_niu_joy.thumb.jpg.9f9085f622ac5926ab7e2418ed317dd0.jpg

I did find a couple good screen shots, though, and that Shenmue Dojo site had great coverage of this anime, and they took some nice screen shots.  I see they did podcasts too.  I might have to check those out.

45606f757f4bf40f4bf0274f59e3b1b35206fa81

7ffe9a4163786ee522c53f5a032e9c7b82730b38

https://shenmuedojo.com/episode-recap-shemmue-the-animation-s01e06-dignified/

https://shenmuedojo.com/shenmue-the-animation-dignified-analysis/

In Shenmue II, I figured out later on that you can talk to Joy outside of cut scenes.  She's nearby wherever her motorcycle is.  Not exactly the most obvious thing.  Anyway, you talk to her and every time Joy asks to hang out, Ryo turns her down.  IDIOT.

1bcd5e0a-e99b-4223-ba58-c23795185074.png

I don't know what this hashtag is for and I don't care!

There's two more pics I wanted to post that I found on Facebook but I'm not able to link or attach them for some reason.  Very annoying!  I'll have to see if I can find them elsewhere later.

I still wish they left in the part from the game.  Ryo says, "I'm sleeping in your apartment?"  Xiuying goes, "what?  You're sleeping on the couch" and throws the cover over there.  lmao.

I found the clip. 🤣

Edited by ben0119
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2022 at 4:02 AM, ben0119 said:

45606f757f4bf40f4bf0274f59e3b1b35206fa81

Might have been mentioned during the initial run in one of the threads and I've forgotten, but I just realized Master Xiuying is voiced by Christine Auten who also voiced Ed and Al's teacher, Izumi, in FMA and FMAB. That's a freaking epic combo. :D

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Might have been mentioned during the initial run in one of the threads and I've forgotten, but I just realized Master Xiuying is voiced by Christine Auten who also voiced Ed and Al's teacher, Izumi, in FMA and FMAB. That's a freaking epic combo. :D

From voicing one badass teacher to another, and now that I know this I can totally hear the vocal similarities. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

That's pretty funny that I don't remember that being mentioned before, since I remember you or someone else posting a pic of Izumi Curtis, and I said that this teacher (Xiuying) is a lot more calm haha.  Christine Auten also plays Ozen, but I think that already got brought up.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Christine-Auten/

• Thanks 1

I thought that you had to carry all the books to pass this part of the game, but it's not even necessary.  Also you apparently can't even carry them all out unless you run, but that would be impossible!  The QTEs go crazy when you start running!

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

That's pretty funny that I don't remember that being mentioned before, since I remember you or someone else posting a pic of Izumi Curtis, and I said that this teacher (Xiuying) is a lot more calm haha.  Christine Auten also plays Ozen, but I think that already got brought up.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Christine-Auten/

Ohhhh yeah Ozen too, heh.

Yeah, even with that I don't recall making the voice connection lol.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1