UnevenEdge

Shenmue: The Animation at 3 AM - The Re-Discussion

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/there-are-currently-no-concrete-plans-for-shenmue-4-says-yu-suzuki/

So Shenmue IV isn't coming soon after all? 😧 I guess those recent rumors were bubkis then. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/shenmue-4-might-have-just-been-teased-barely-two-years-after-shenmue-3/

https://gamerant.com/shenmue-4-110-industries-anime-hint/

And yes focusing too much on fan service for III was probably a bad move!

Then why the heck was this anime made now of all times?  Very odd.

Edited by ben0119

So after everything that happened I am not sure what the point of Nozomi was.  But, you have the option to discuss her quite a bit in your conversations with Shenhua at the end of Shenmue II.  Maybe she will come back at some point.

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

So after everything that happened I am not sure what the point of Nozomi was.  But, you have the option to discuss her quite a bit in your conversations with Shenhua at the end of Shenmue II.  Maybe she will come back at some point.

Yeah, maybe that'll still happen later.

Yeah, I assume she's either going to be connected somehow and come back in or I guess will just be some kind of catalyst toward another choice he'll have to make again toward the end being the "normal girl".

Edited by DangerMouse

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Thanks, didn't realize we had a thread.

I think Al made it about 15 minutes before the second Shippuden episode ended.  I was going to make one if a thread wasn't ready in time haha.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I think Al made it about 15 minutes before the second Shippuden episode ended.  I was going to make one if a thread wasn't ready in time haha.

I think it was actually during the first Shippuden episode, considering I straight-up fell asleep during the 2nd.

I mean, really, what the hell was that?

Anyway, this show was a good choice for the rerun immediately after the end, since it starts with Shenhua talking about Ryo, though she doesn't know him at all yet. And of course we see the goat which will someday be in peril in their future chance meeting.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

Is Natalie Rial who plays Shenhua Moneca Rial's sister?  That's only the second time I've heard that last name in my life.  It looks like I might be right.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Natalie-Rial/

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=125100

https://animevoiceover.fandom.com/wiki/Natalie_Rial

Sisters that are 21 years apart??

So far the only other Toonami role I am seeing for her is a character on Food Wars that I don't remember at all.  "Courage?"  I don't know any of these other characters.

Edited by ben0119
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Eh?

Just a joke that she's there gathering water at a well somewhere and how it's so long to go before she even entered the main story in like the last episode, so it's like she's in some other show she's so far removed right now.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Just a joke that she's there gathering water at a well somewhere and how it's so long to go before she even entered the main story in like the last episode, so it's like she's in some other show she's so far removed right now.

Oh haha. xD Yeah it takes forever for Shenhua do get actually involved in the story after being so teased for so long.  And trust me, I prolonged the last part of Shenmue II with Shenhua as long as possible lmao.

• Like 1

I don't know what it is about girls in sweaters.  In theory, it's one of the most conservative things they could wear!

scene48551.png

And I am disappointed with how hard it is to find screen shots from this anime.  Come on people!

Also Nozomi could use more love in general from the fans.  Unfortunately it seems she's not a very popular character.  Either that, or all the Shenmue fan art, game screen shots, anime screen shots etc is so niche, it's not coming up properly in the search results.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Also Nozomi could use more love in general from the fans.  Unfortunately it seems she's not a very popular character.  Either that, or all the fan art, game screen shots, anime screen shots etc is so niche, it's not coming up properly in the results.

Yeah, she does!

Also, I know! I definitely noticed that too when trying to find screenshots post in here during the premieres. It's crazy how few there are! There should plenty of screenshots and gifs of the action scenes for this. The animation was pretty nice.

Edited by DangerMouse

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, she does!

Also, I know! I definitely noticed that too when trying to find screenshots post in here during the premieres. It's crazy how few there are! There should plenty of screenshots and gifs of the action scenes for this. The animation was pretty nice.

In the ANCIENT Before Times, there were whole websites devoted to screen shots.  I remember one for InuYasha I think it was that had thorough screenshots all throughout each episode.  Now, it seems a lot harder.  I guess people don't take screen shots as much as they used to?

I finally found some more (from about a dozen different websites and not a dedicated site...) after doing a search for "Shenmue The Animation Nozomi screen shots."  Doing a search for "Shenmue anime Nozomi" or "Shenmue The Animation Nozomi" wasn't good enough.

Unfortunately most of them are her wearing that damn coat OVER the sweater which I don't think she even wears in the game lmao.  What the hell, anime!  She already has a sweater, she doesn't need a coat, too!  And she's still wearing a skirt either way so she ain't gonna be THAT warm lmao!

Screenshot_20220522-024245_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a411257aaaf84424f5adc8fdf985124.jpg

• Like 1

Anyway, some random Nozomi stuff I found.  Again, she seems to have been shorted by the fan base.  Either because she's genuinely unfortunately unpopular (might have gotten overshadowed by Shenhua, Xiuying, and Joy,) or Shenmue itself is so niche, there aren't enough fans out there to take screen shots, make gifs, fan art etc for the games, much less the anime.

204349206_download(18).thumb.jpeg.546d2d97213cfe8f494369521958c6d7.jpeg

DekAon3VMAEJOBc.thumb.jpg.24115c682241085df6a88b77f009d994.jpg

Nozomi.Harasaki_600.3591792.jpg.7150fae39fc4635500989437e6783630.jpg

Shenmue.-the.Animation-_full.3591795.thumb.jpg.457e6b5504fc2a74519770867640d18e.jpg

I think the second to last came from the ED, and I'm pretty sure the last one was in the anime too, or at least a version of it.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Nozomi.Harasaki_600.3591792.jpg.7150fae39fc4635500989437e6783630.jpg

Shenmue.-the.Animation-_full.3591795.thumb.jpg.457e6b5504fc2a74519770867640d18e.jpg

I think the second to last came from the ED, and I'm pretty sure the last one was in the anime too, or at least a version of it.

Thanks for the pics.

Yeah, I think you're right, I think both of these two were in the ED.

• Like 1