UnevenEdge

Blade runner black lotus episode 8 "The Davis Report"

Black Lotus carrying the block  

2 members have voted

1. 1. do you think blade runner black lotus will end it's run carrying the block by itself?

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Can't tell if Tom and Sara were subtly shitting on the Netflix Bebop or not with that promo.

Yeah it can be read both ways given also New Years drinking so it was pretty sly either way as nobody can say for sure. xD

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

She's credited as the screenplay writer on Bebop so they probably created it together and also was both the creator and writer of Wolf's Rain, which she did with Okamura directing.

Oh ok.  I think screenplay writer is different from the person who writes the actual story, but I might be wrong.  Wolf's Rain.  That show was depressing haha.  I probably wouldn't watch it again, because it has bad memories associated with it.

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  I think screenplay writer is different from the person who writes the actual story, but I might be wrong.  Wolf's Rain.  That show was depressing haha.  I probably wouldn't watch it again, because it has bad memories associated with it.

Pretty sure she was involved in creating/writing the main story in Bebop's case too, even if not credited as the main creator of it like with Wolf's Rain.

The ones where she wrote for some Watanabe stuff on a smaller scale were after that when she just contributed some stuff to his Champloo and Space Dandy.

Edited by DangerMouse

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

did this dude say what his name was? i forgot

Chen, I think.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I told you I don't know, but I thought it was a different job.

Series composers more often than not provide scripts for the show, since the role "series composition" is basically synonymous with "head writer". Sometimes they provide all the scripts, sometimes they provide only some while other writers pick up the slack. Very rarely do they serve as head writer but end up not writing a single episode themselves.

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i like this show. i just wish the CG were a little better...or that this series were just 2D

Yeah this was a good episode, but the CGI is quite an eye sore. And it's not going to age well, the same way FF7's graphics aged like shit.

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Hey the last 2 minutes of the episode were relevant! xD

That reminds me, the most hilarious recap was Kill la Kill when Senketsu introduces it like it's gonna be a recap episode and then he does it in fast-forward with THAT MUSIC finishing it in about a minute instead xD

Edited by DangerMouse