UnevenEdge

NHL 21-22 Release The Kraken!

Kudasai

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, DeadwingLazarus said:

Didn't his old man play for the Blues once upon a time?

Yup.  Hes been linked to the blues basically since the day he was drafted. Calgary has always suspected he would bolt to the blues the second he became a UFA.  After losing Gaudreau they are basically not risking it anymore. Calgary going to tear it down rather than risk losing him for nothing.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:01 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

Hawks are going into full blown rebuild mode.  I think Kane gets traded sooner than later.

They just got rid of Eddie Olczyk!  The team is reverting back to the really bad days when they first got rid of Foley under $Bill.  They lowballed Eddie on a contract & now he's off to the Kraken.

As for Kane (& maybe Toews), they're going to hang on to them like they did Makita, when they pretty much traded away the rest of the team.

11 hours ago, tsar4 said:

They just got rid of Eddie Olczyk!  The team is reverting back to the really bad days when they first got rid of Foley under $Bill.  They lowballed Eddie on a contract & now he's off to the Kraken.

As for Kane (& maybe Toews), they're going to hang on to them like they did Makita, when they pretty much traded away the rest of the team.

I heard that Eddie O did that himself. Supposedly the Hawks were surprised that he signed a deal with the Kraken.

I think they trade Kane. No way do they not try and get something for him. he can probably still get a 1st round pick depending on where he goes. Towes may stay, but Kane is a gonner.

10 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I heard that Eddie O did that himself. Supposedly the Hawks were surprised that he signed a deal with the Kraken.

I think they trade Kane. No way do they not try and get something for him. he can probably still get a 1st round pick depending on where he goes. Towes may stay, but Kane is a gonner.

They came at Eddie with a contract to only pay him for the games he did.  The gist I was getting was that they would also determine what games those were, so if they decided they only wanted him to do 5 games, that's all he'd be paid for.  I think he was looking for a bit more specificity.  

As for Kane & Toews, I can see Toews being traded before Kane.  Both are up there, but Toews being a Captain would draw more attention.  If Kane goes anywhere, I'm thinking it's to Buffalo (hometown).

Edited by tsar4