UnevenEdge

YashaHime: Princess Half-Demon Episode 15 "Farewell Under The Lunar Eclipse!" Discussion!!

Now we see the what really happened in the full flashback.

Sesshomaru actually saved Kagome and Inuyasha.  Too bad they missed their daughter growing up though.  Does anyone know if time moves differently at Inuyasha's father's grave site?  It might be the case that very little time has passed for Inuyasha or Kagome, or maybe not, not sure.

And now we saw both of them in the same place.  Kirinmaru and Riku aren't the same guy, as that had been a question/theory as well.

So I know some fans were saying this episode was made, revealing the history all at once with Riku literally telling the audience, because of fans complaining and being impatient. 

But I'm pretty sure the episode was already written, if not made, well before any of those fan complaints were ever made or seen.  Even still, it is kind of odd how the reveal happened.

• Haha 1

Well, I guess this means Moroha was literally raised by wolves!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/yashahime-princess-half-demon/episode-15/.168255

2.5 stars? Eh, he DID give it a positive review, and even I missed the detail of the bike powered generator that would have kept Towa's cell phone charged even in the feudal era! But if that thing breaks, hoo boy...

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So I know some fans were saying this episode was made, revealing the history all at once with Riku literally telling the audience, because of fans complaining and being impatient. 

But I'm pretty sure the episode was already written, if not made, well before any of those fan complaints were ever made or seen.  Even still, it is kind of odd how the reveal happened.

Yeah, it's only ep 15, they must have been beyond scripting this ep by the time they were airing. I doubt they made any changes that quickly to get to this faster.

• Like 1

Was trying to find out of if that was actually Richard Cox. Other people noticed it sounded like shit as well.

"Also, I don't know if it's because Richard Ian Cox just hasn't played this character in a while, but Inuyasha's voice isn't as raspy as it used to be"

Sounded nothing like him in the first part of the episode, but it actually sounded like him in the later parts. It's like the man forgot what voice he used for the character.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Daos said:

Was trying to find out of if that was actually Richard Cox. Other people noticed it sounded like shit as well.

"Also, I don't know if it's because Richard Ian Cox just hasn't played this character in a while, but Inuyasha's voice isn't as raspy as it used to be"

Sounded nothing like him in the first part of the episode, but it actually sounded like him in the later parts. It's like the man forgot what voice he used for the character.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-11-03/viz-announces-inuyasha-spinoff-anime-yashahime-new-returning-dub-cast/.165935

This was announced and posted all over the internet a year ago when the series was cast.  So we all knew Richard Ian Cox was returning as Inuyasha.  The only one who changed mid-way through the series was Miroku, due to Kirby Morrow passing away.

We already heard him as Inuyasha in the first episode.  I thought he sounded pretty much the same in this episode as he did in the first Yashahime episode, and Final Act, and the original series.  In fact, Richard Cox was the one who sounded the most like he did back in the day, out of everyone else.  Others' voices have noticeably changed with age, as is to be expected, but Richard Cox sounded pretty much exactly the same.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-11-03/viz-announces-inuyasha-spinoff-anime-yashahime-new-returning-dub-cast/.165935

This was announced and posted all over the internet a year ago when the series was cast.  So we all knew Richard Ian Cox was returning as Inuyasha.  The only one who changed mid-way through the series was Miroku, due to Kirby Morrow passing away.

We already heard him as Inuyasha in the first episode.  I thought he sounded pretty much the same in this episode as he did in the first Yashahime episode, and Final Act, and the original series.  In fact, Richard Cox was the one who sounded the most like he did back in the day, out of everyone else.  Others' voices have noticeably changed with age, as is to be expected, but Richard Cox sounded pretty much exactly the same.

Yeah, I knew it was him right away in this ep and I thought he and Sango sound the most the same so far. And Kagome with her new actress from Final Act I suppose.

Like I mentioned in the moment sure I guess there were a couple of quieter almost whispering lines where I noticed, but to be fair it's not like he ever had a lot of those in the old show to match (he did a lot of screaming in the old show lol), but most of his lines were when he had to get louder and there he did get that rasp in and I thought he captured it well.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmm, aww no Jaken voice return it sounds like.

Unfortunately not it seems.  This is the new guy.  But I think he was in the first episode as well.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=173873

5 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Hey, I think you're right! EVERY other character in this show has one!

...or do they? Can you think of an exception??

I honestly can't think of any other examples.  Julian, maybe, but that's probably just his idol stage name.  Still, he isn't nearly as important as this character.

5 hours ago, saito34 said:

Damn that just registered with me...Rin!!!

When we first saw Rin inside the Tree of Ages, I thought it was Kagome.  They look very similar now that she's grown up.

5 hours ago, saito34 said:

What art style are you referring to Ben? Do you have a sample so i can be sure we're talking about the same thing?

I was referring to the art style of Yashahime, and of the original series.  I had come across some posts somewhere with people saying they were pleasantly surprised this series kept the art and visual style of the original, and didn't make it look like a modern anime.  It would have never even occurred to me to make this show look "modern" or change the art style.  Anyway, I didn't think this episode looked any different than the other Yashahime episodes, and we did already see most of the original characters in the first Yashahime episode.  So I wasn't sure what you meant by saying you thought this art style was good for flashbacks.

5 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Satsuki's (KLK) VA voicing this villain, definitely recognize her voice.

You're right.  I did not catch that.  And man, Behind The Voice Actors and My Anime List really need to update their pages for this show.  At least Anime News Network has her listed!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=2563

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I knew it was him right away in this ep and I thought he and Sango sound the most the same so far. And Kagome with her new actress from Final Act I suppose.

Like I mentioned in the moment sure I guess there were a couple of quieter almost whispering lines where I noticed, but to be fair it's not like he ever had a lot of those in the old show to match (he did a lot of screaming in the old show lol), but most of his lines were when he had to get louder and there he did get that rasp in and I thought he captured it well.

Richard Cox sounds the most the same, followed by Kelly Sheridan as Sango.  Her voice has changed a little bit, but not much.  And well, Sango has gotten older too, as far as that goes.  Yeah you could say Kira Tozer as Kagome sounds fairly similar, though I have not seen Final Act in a while.  I was not much of a fan of her as Kagome in that series.  She probably sounds better now due to the experience since then, though.

Yeah I really didn't get an impression that Richard Cox sounded off in this episode.  And Inuyasha wasn't yelling all the time in the old series, either.

The actress for Kaede not being the same is pretty surprising, since the new one is pretty spot on.  And fun fact, the original VA, Pam Hyatt is the mother of actor Zack Ward, who played Titus' brother on that show.  When Fox canceled it, that was one of the last straws that drove me to stop watching Fox.  And yeesh, a lot of time has passed since then. xD But you can see how that show was on in a similar time frame to InuYasha haha.

Huh, according to the ANN listing, Linda Darlow is the same one who played Kaede in Final Act.  That's weird because I remember thinking she didn't sound the same as Kaede had before in the original series, back then.  I remembered thinking she sounded too old, and I thought it was because Pam Hyatt had reprised her role and her voice had aged significantly in that time.  Odd.

11 hours ago, ben0119 said:

ght this art style was good for flashbacks.

You're right.  I did not catch that.  And man, Behind The Voice Actors and My Anime List really need to update their pages for this show.  At least Anime News Network has her listed!

Carrie Keranen.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Is that why. ... I thought it was because it was halfway through the season and they said "oh crap we forget to tell everyone what the new big bad is going to be. Shit."

Edited by elfie

On 10/10/2021 at 2:51 AM, Daos said:

It definitely sounded off and that's exactly why I asked. I thought it was perfectly plausible that someone was doing their best impression of Cox's Inuyasha voice.