UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About Eating?

6 hours ago, stilgar said:

I can't for the life of me find a good ramen place though. 

There are folks here with the skills and the ingredients, but the broth gets flubbed because restaurant owners are afraid of turning off 'health conscious' folks who will complain about calories or something being too salty in reviews if there's a smidgen of robust flavor in their meals. It's frustrating as hell.

7 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

There are folks here with the skills and the ingredients, but the broth gets flubbed because restaurant owners are afraid of turning off 'health conscious' folks who will complain about calories or something being too salty in reviews if there's a smidgen of robust flavor in their meals. It's frustrating as hell.

I hate people so much some times.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

probably eating a frozen bar pizza for lunch. it's order day and i won't have time to go pick anything up. 

the good news is, these might be the best frozen pizzas i've found in 20 years of being a frozen-pizza aficionado. 

Where'd you get the pizza from?

4 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

Where'd you get the pizza from?

Turbo Fire Pizza. Horrible branding, great product. It's a local-ish outfit that started as a restaurant, and they pivoted to selling their pizzas frozen during covid. We approached them about letting us cook & sell them in the bar and they said yes.

• 1 month later...

I might cook some egg noodles in Szechuan sauce or finish some leftover pork chops, veggies, and couscous soon.

But I'd really like some very spicy lamb biryani. I live near these two amazing Indian restaurants and they serve some bomb-ass biryani. At one, I always order it the spiciest they'll make it. At the other, I ask for the hottest sauce they have and dump that all over it. That's good eatin'! At the first restaurant I just mentioned, there was one time when I ate there with my aunts and ordered the lamb biryani, as usual. I had the chef make it the hottest they'll make it. When the food arrived at my table, the waiter crossed himself silly. At the other one, I had the waiter bring out this super-hot sauce that the chef keeps in a bottle under lock and key. I poured that shit all over my biryani. I sweated, my glasses fogged up, it was fucking awesome. Can't go wrong either way. And while I've always loved spicy food, I've craved it even more so since I began transitioning.